Hundreds of enthusiasts throng a chocolate exhibition in BangaloreFebruary 10th, 2009 - 11:25 am ICT by ANI
By Jaipal Sharma
Bangalore, Feb 10 (ANI): Hundreds of enthusiasts in Bangalore converged at Cocoa 09, India’’s first chocolate exhibition, showcasing some monuments of the world and many other items, all made of chocolate.
This unique exhibition hosted by Nilgiri’’s Dairy of Bangalore commenced on February 6 as a part of the International Lifestyle Exhibition at the sprawling Palace Grounds. It is open to public till February 15.
Different monumental wonders of the world like the Taj Mahal, Eiffel Tower, the Windsor Castle, a windmill of Holland and several items like a railway engine as well as flowers, are showcased in the exhibition.
These eye catching creations have been crafted and by the noted confectioner C. Ramachandran of Nilgiri’’s Dairy Farm, an expert in preparing cakes and chocolate models.
“Chocolate exhibition is similar to show modelling. We have to make patters of whatever models we have to make on cardboard and then we melt the chocolates and make them into sheets. Then cut the chocolate sheets into whatever size we want and then join them into respective shapes,” said C Ramachandran.
The exhibition was a visual treat for small children like Karan who were spellbound by the magic of chocolates.
“I feel good about it because usually chocolates are in other shapes. But in this exhibition, we get to see the chocolate moulded in interesting shapes,” said Karan.
Apart from lending a treat for eyes of the sweet toothed visitors, the chocolate models will be auctioned at the end of the exhibition for a Samaritan cause.
The proceeds will be donated to orphanages. (ANI)
- This Christmas, Bangaloreans have Taj Mahal for a cake - Dec 20, 2009
- Mumbai's Taj Mahal Hotel prime attraction at Bangalore's cake exhibition - Dec 18, 2010
- ''Buckingham Palace'' in Bangalore! - Dec 21, 2008
- This Easter, savour a variety of flavours - Apr 05, 2012
- Global warming could make chocolates expensive - Dec 27, 2011
- Creative stone works draw huge crowds at trade fair - Feb 02, 2012
- Chennai hosts cake exhibition - Dec 31, 2010
- India's cocoa export to international market increasing - Aug 20, 2010
- Chocolate free kick or kolaveri di? Sweet makeover for sandesh (Feature, With Images) - Mar 19, 2012
- 20 years later, chocolate 'might be as expensive as gold' - Nov 08, 2010
- Dark chocolate reduces risk of cardiac fatalities - Jun 04, 2012
- Want to lose weight? Eat dark chocolate! - May 02, 2011
- Two pieces of jumbo sandesh for new president! - Jul 25, 2012
- Not just plum, Christmas has more flavours this season (With Recipes) - Dec 22, 2010
- President Patil inaugurates World Philatelic Exhibition 'INDIPEX 2011' - Feb 12, 2011
Tags: bangalore, cardboard, chocolates, cocoa, confectioner, dairy farm, eiffel tower, enthusiasts, exhibition, international lifestyle, karan, many other items, monuments of the world, railway engine, ramachandran, shapes, taj mahal, windmill, windsor castle, wonders of the world