Hundreds cycle for a pollution free environment in PuneFebruary 15th, 2009 - 6:32 pm ICT by ANI
Pune, Feb 15 (ANI): Hundreds of people participated in a cycle rally here today to spread awareness about a pollution free environment and good heath.
The Bicycle Association of Pune organised the rally and marked February 15 as the ”Cycle Day.
Organisers said the day should be promoted across the world and people should not use their vehicles on this day.
“Our main motive behind this rally is that if more and more people ride cycle, it would definitely help reduce pollution. It is important to ride cycles to cover short distances and cycling is very easy. If one would use motorized vehicle to cover 1-2 kilometers, it would definitely increase the pollution level,” said Dilip Sarda, president, Bicycle Association of Pune.
A number of women, children and senior citizens took part in the rally with immense zeal and enthusiasm.
Rallyists also opined that riding a cycle should not just be held to keep the environment clean, but it also held in maintaining good health.
“The main thing is that cycling is good for our health. By cycling, we can keep diseases like diabetes and heart attacks at bay. If we don”t cycle at all, then in 35-40 years these problems would definitely affect us,” said Pramod Waghmare, a cyclist. (ANI)
- Green lifestyle statement: Bangalore kids cycle to school - Nov 21, 2009
- Bicycle ride creates climate awareness in New Delhi - Dec 05, 2010
- Bangalore waits for cyclothon - and dedicated lanes - Aug 16, 2009
- Bollywood's Ranbir Kapoor rides cycle to promote pollution free environment - Oct 27, 2009
- Cycle rally in Bihar to spread awareness on pollution - Mar 21, 2010
- Cycle rally in Delhi to promote the zero-pollution vehicles - Jan 18, 2009
- Siliguri cycle rally promotes safe, healthy environment - Jul 25, 2010
- MPs cycle their way to parliament - Sep 07, 2012
- Cycle for your health, and that of Bangalore - Jul 18, 2009
- Nepali students aim to make Kathmandu 'bicycle-friendly' by 2020 - Jun 29, 2010
- Peruvian cyclists take to road in buff - Mar 15, 2010
- Cycling to work? Growing movement to tackle mobility crisis (Feature) - Mar 25, 2012
- Health benefits associated with urban cycling outweigh risks - Jul 04, 2010
- Mexicans ride bikes to avoid traffic jams - Sep 03, 2012
- Vizag civic staff to cycle to work once a week - Oct 31, 2011
Tags: bicycle association, diabetes, dilip, diseases, distances, free environment, heart attacks, kilometers, maintaining good health, motive, organisers, pollution level, pune, rally, sarda, senior citizens, zeal