Hughes ready to walk out if Man City Arab owners interfereDecember 9th, 2008 - 6:13 pm ICT by ANI
London, Dec 9 (ANI): Mark Hughes, manager of the Manchester City, is ready to walk out if the clubs Arab owners continue to interfere in team selection and playing tactics.
The Abu Dhabi businessmen have stunned manager Hughes by trying to tell him how to run his side, The Sun reported.
But Sparky made it clear to chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak that he has to be in charge of all team affairs.
The meddling of the Arabg owners centres around the playing position of Brazilian Robinho, who has been purchased for 32.5million pounds.
Along with Brazilians Elano and Jo, Robinho has expressed frustration since his shock switch from Real Madrid.
Robinho has generally been playing on the left of a five-man midfield but the owners want him to have a completely free role so he can score more goals.
But Hughes, who has been under pressure to deliver a run of results, has stood firm and is adamant the team must be run his way.
A City insider said: Hughesy is not the type of man who will tolerate people telling him what to do.
And Sparky has told Citys coaching staff that he will walk away if the owners continue to try and get involved.
Hughes is the latest ex-Manchester United player to struggle as a boss in the premiership.
The revelations follow Roy Keanes decision to quit Sunderland while former United hero Paul Ince is under severe pressure at Blackburn. (ANI)
- Bellamy, Given ready to quit Man City over Sparky sacking - Dec 22, 2009
- Former Man City midfielder Elano praises teammates - Jul 25, 2012
- EPL side Blackburn Rovers arrive in Pune - Oct 05, 2011
- Manchester City owners say Hughes is not a marked man - Nov 30, 2009
- Robinho ready to quit Manchester City to be world's best player - Oct 27, 2009
- Hughes set to become Turkish football team coach - Feb 09, 2010
- Hughes set to be axed, as Manchester City's Arab owners lose patience - Dec 19, 2009
- Manchester City sack manager Hughes; Mancini new boss - Dec 20, 2009
- AC Milan's Robinho plays down home return - May 07, 2012
- Under-fire Kean gets owners backing - Oct 08, 2011
- Robinho plays down return to Santos - May 05, 2012
- Robinho urges Hughes to create Manchester City's own 'Fab Four' by snapping Eto'o - Jun 24, 2009
- City striker Robinho loaned to Santos for six months - Jan 29, 2010
- Rovers told to show result by owners - Oct 09, 2011
- Mancini warns Robinho to earn his place at Man City - Jan 16, 2010
Tags: abu dhabi, al mubarak, brazilians, businessmen, elano, frustration, keanes, khaldoon, man city, manchester city, manchester united player, mark hughes, midfield, paul ince, premiership, real madrid robinho, revelations, sparky, sunderland, team selection