Hudson blames self for letting family live in danger-ridden neighbourhoodNovember 5th, 2008 - 6:05 pm ICT by ANI
London, November 5 (ANI): Jennifer Hudson has held herself responsible for the tragic murders of her family members, by letting them live in the danger-ridden neighbourhood.
The Oscar winners mother, Darnell Donerson, and brother, Jason, were found shot dead on October 24 in their Chicago residence, reports the Daily Express.
The body of the singers seven-year-old nephew was discovered three days later in an abandoned car in Chicago.
The Dreamgirls actress is said to be ridden with guilt for not doing enough to convince her family to move out of the violent area.
Family friend, Sharita Dickey, said: “Jennifer grew up on Chicago’’s South Side, and knew all about the violence. She was able to get out, and wanted to take her mama with her, but Darnell said no.”
Hudson’’s second cousin, Reverend Krista Alston, added: “Jennifer is hurting and asking why this happened. She’’s asking why she didn”t do more to persuade Darnell to move away. (ANI)
- Hudson's brother-in-law guilty for murder - May 12, 2012
- Hudson forgives family's killer - Sep 12, 2012
- Jennifer Hudson to open up about family tragedy - Jun 29, 2010
- Oprah Winfrey hides mourning Jennifer Hudson at her Chicago apartment - Nov 07, 2008
- Jennifer Hudson holds event to remember nephew - Dec 24, 2010
- Music is my therapy: Jennifer Hudson - Mar 26, 2011
- Hudson to host charity dinner for late nephew - Jun 06, 2012
- Jennifer Hudson plans to sell family murder house - Dec 24, 2009
- Police find boy's body in Hudson triple murder case - Oct 28, 2008
- Jennifer Hudson finally opens up about the murders of her family members - Jun 30, 2010
- Jennifer Hudsons mother, brother found murdered in their Chicago home - Oct 25, 2008
- Jennifer Hudson’s mother, brother killed, nephew missing - Oct 25, 2008
- Mother, brother of actress Jennifer Hudson killed (Lead) - Oct 25, 2008
- Jennifer Hudson to move back to Chicago - Sep 17, 2010
- Jennifer Hudson still feels late mother's presence - Nov 05, 2009
Tags: alston, brother jason, chicago residence, daily express, darnell, dreamgirls, family friend, guilt, jennifer hudson, krista, murders, neighbourhood, nephew, october 24, oscar winners, reverend, s south, second cousin, sharita, singers