Houselisting Census to commence from April:MakanFebruary 23rd, 2010 - 10:00 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Feb 23 (ANI): Union Minister of State for Home Affairs Ajay Makan said here on Tuesday that the first phase of Population Census 2011– Houselisting and Housing Census would be held between April to September 2010.
The population census would be held in two phases– Houselisting and Housing Census and Population Enumeration.
In a written statement to the Lok Sabha, Makan said: “The main purpose of the Houselisting Operations is to prepare the frame for undertaking population enumeration, besides providing host of data on housing stock, amenities and the assets available with each of the household.”
Population Enumeration, data on various socio-economic and demographic parameters like age, sex, literacy, religion, languages known, economic activity status and migration etc. is collected in respect of each individual. Population Enumeration will be conducted in February -March 2011.
Makan added that the Centre has received representations over conducting caste based census from various organisations. (ANI)
- Preparations on for conducting 2011 census, says minister - Feb 23, 2010
- India begins 1.2 billion population headcount (Roundup) - Feb 09, 2011
- India begins headcount of its 1.2 billion population (Intro Roundup) - Feb 09, 2011
- Chidambaram unveils mascot of Census enumerator - Feb 02, 2011
- Census exercise in Gujarat to begin Feb 9 - Feb 05, 2011
- Delhi - the most densely populated city in India - Mar 31, 2011
- India's population rises to 1.20 billion, growth rate declines (Second Lead) - Mar 31, 2011
- Census-2011 begins in Delhi - May 01, 2010
- Vice President Ansari enumerated for second phase of Census 2011 - Feb 09, 2011
- PM enumerated for Census 2011 - Apr 03, 2010
- Last phase of census starts in Delhi - Feb 09, 2011
- Census enumeration to start Feb 9 - Feb 07, 2011
- India's population is 1.21 billion, gender imbalance worsens (Roundup) - Mar 31, 2011
- Second phase of Census 2011 launched in Maharashtra - Feb 10, 2011
- India embarks on headcount exercise April 1 - Mar 30, 2010
Tags: age sex, amenities, assets, caste, demographic parameters, economic activity, enumeration data, home affairs, household population, houselisting, literacy, Lok Sabha, makan, migration, minister of state, New Delhi, population census, representations, undertaking, union minister