Hot Muggs ties up with Punjab Kings XI to produce and market merchandiseApril 17th, 2008 - 6:07 pm ICT by admin
Mumbai, April 17 (ANI-Business Wire India): Call it the Craze of Craze’s - T20, now DLF Indian Premier League (IPL) and the forthcoming contest with a near build up of a war between teams and licensed merchandise on IPL teams emerging as a tool.
Rajesh Metal Industries has entered into a licensing rights agreement with `Kings XI Punjab’ to produce select merchandise and market them through their own network of malls, supermarkets, book stores, cafes, music shops, multi brand outlets, gift and novelty stores under the HotMuggs Brand.
The initial range of merchandise would include Lassi Glass; Mugs; Badges; and Special Autographed Merchandise and Collectors’ Merchandise.
HotMuggs is present in nearly 45 cities through leading malls, multiplexes and bookstores where the merchandise shall also be available.
Rishi Jain, Managing Director - Rajesh Metal Industries, said: “We want to leverage our experience in the field of licensing and merchandising and are quite upbeat about the popularity of the DLF Indian Premier League in general and the `Kings XI Punjab’ in particular. Our range of drinkware and allied products is positioned as youthful, energetic and funky and targeted this at everybody who loves the game, and its icons.”
Hot Muggs plans to promote the merchandise through a multi-channel promotion campaign with emphasis on Below the Line activities and Contact programmes with the end customer. The company has been involved in merchandising with companies like Yash Raj Films for movie “Fanaa” and Balki’s “Cheeni Kum” starring Amitabh Bachchan.
Neil Maxwell, CEO, Kings XI Punjab said, “Kings XI Punjab is a people’s team. We are looking forward to expanding our team through the sale of our merchandise amongst fans and supporters. We will have various options on sale soon locally and over our website - www.kingsxipunjab.com
Kings XI Punjab is part of the eight competing teams promoted by The Indian Premier League. It is held and promoted by a consortium which includes leading actor, Preity Zinta & Industrialists Ness Wadia (Wadia Group); Karan Paul (Apeejay Surrendra Group);and Mohit Burman (Dabur Industries).
Kings XI Punjab will be led by Yuvraj Singh, who is also the icon player and captain. At the helm is coach Tom Moody. The team is a heady mix of leading national and international players like Brett Lee, Irfan Pathan Sreesanth, Piyush Chawla, Ramnaresh Sarwan, Kumar Sangakkara, Mahela Jayawardane, Romesh Powar, James Hopes, V R V Singh, Kyle Mills, Luke Pomersbach, Uday Kaul, Yash Gandhi, Tanmay Srivastava, Karan Goel, Ajitesh Agral, Simon Katich, Sunny Sohal, Pankaj Dharmani, Sahil Kukreja, and Wilken Mota. (ANI)
- Chennai Super Kings arrive in Chandigarh to take on Kings XI Punjab - Apr 12, 2011
- BCCI maintains total transparency on IPL: Amin - Jan 09, 2011
- Court rejects cricket board's plea against Punjab Kings XI - Dec 15, 2010
- Bombay High Court stays Kings XI Punjab's termination from IPL - Dec 08, 2010
- Hero Honda buys Kings XI Punjab IPL team - Feb 10, 2010
- Case against Preity Zinta, other Kings XI owners stayed - Aug 03, 2010
- Kings XI Punjab under I.T. scanner over Burman's share - Apr 29, 2010
- BCCI terminates IPL agreements of Rajasthan Royals, Kings XI Punjab - Oct 10, 2010
- Fans garner signatures in support of Kings XI Punjab - Oct 20, 2010
- Court issues warrants against the co-owners of Kings XI Punjab - Jul 24, 2010
- Hours before match, criminal complaint against Kings XI Punjab - Mar 13, 2010
- Kings XI opt to field against Super Kings - May 17, 2012
- Kings XI Punjab win the toss: elect to bat - Apr 28, 2012
- Punjab thrash Super Kings by six wickets - May 17, 2012
- We don't need icons, we are equals; Gilchrist - Apr 09, 2011
Tags: allied products, amitabh bachchan, badges, bookstores, business wire, channel promotion, drinkware, glass mugs, initial range, ipl, managing director, market merchandise, multiplexes, music shops, novelty stores, premier league, promotion campaign, rishi, t20, yash raj films