Hosni Mubarak arrives in New Delhi todayNovember 16th, 2008 - 7:44 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Nov 16 (ANI): Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak will arrive in New Delhi today on a four-day visit to India.
Mubarak will be visiting India after 25 years. He last came here in 1983 on a state visit.
On Tuesday, President Mubarak will be presented the Jawahar Lal Nehru Award for International Understanding, which was conferred on him for the year 1995.
The focus of Mubaraks visit will be on intensifying strategic and economic cooperation between India and Egypt, old friends and founders of non-aligned movement and South-South cooperation.
He will be accompanied by his wife Suzanne Mubarak and by a large delegation that includes Foreign Minister Ahmed Aboul Gheit, Information Minister Anass Ahmed Nabih El-Fiqqi, Communications and Information Technology Minister Dr. Tarik Mohamed Kamel Mahmoud,Trade and Industry Minister Rasheed Mohamed Rasheed,and Minister Gen. Omar Suleiman,besides senior officials and business persons.
A Ministry of External Affairs press release said that during his visit, Mubarak would meet with President Pratibha Devisingh Patil and hold delegation level talks with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
The Vice President, Mohammad Hamid Ansari, UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi,External Affairs Minister Pranab Mukherjee and Leader of Opposition L.K. Advani will call on Mubarak.
President Patil will also host a State Banquet in honour of the visiting dignitary. Several agreements are expected to be signed during the visit.
Bilateral trade between India and Egypt touched 2.2 billion dollars in 2006. The two countries are eyeing an ambitious target of achieving 10 billion dollars worth of bilateral trade by 2010. (ANI)
- Mubarak to undertake second visit to India after 25 years - Nov 12, 2008
- Egypt's Mubarak to visit India after 25 years - Nov 13, 2008
- Egypt's Mubarak arrives on India visit, eyeing 'new horizons' - Nov 16, 2008
- Cairo calling: Krishna to head to post-revolution Egypt - Feb 27, 2012
- Krishna meets top Egyptian leaders - Mar 04, 2012
- Egypt confirms bid was made on ex-vice president's life - Feb 24, 2011
- Krishna heads to Egypt, Syria on agenda - Mar 02, 2012
- Mubarak trial demanded by protest victims' kin - Jun 25, 2011
- Egypt's presidential vote begins - May 23, 2012
- Krishna to go to Egypt, six pacts on cards - Aug 25, 2010
- India congratulates Egypt's president-elect - Jun 25, 2012
- Egypt goes to polls Wednesday - May 22, 2012
- India and Egypt signs five agreements to strengthen bilateral ties - Nov 18, 2008
- Clinton, Morsi discuss US-Egypt relations - Jul 15, 2012
- Kevin Rudd to visit Egypt, Tunisia this week - Feb 22, 2011
Tags: ambitious target, egyptian president hosni mubarak, external affairs minister, external affairs minister pranab mukherjee, hosni mubarak, information technology minister, jawahar lal nehru, l k advani, leader of opposition, manmohan singh, ministry of external affairs, mohamed kamel, mohammad hamid ansari, omar suleiman, pratibha devisingh patil, president hosni mubarak, president mubarak, prime minister manmohan singh, sonia gandhi, suzanne mubarak