Hollywood set for power shift after Steven Spielbergs exitOctober 6th, 2008 - 7:00 pm ICT by ANI
London, October 6 (ANI): Steven Spielbergs nearing last days with Paramount Pictures and his new joint venture with Indian billionaire Anil Ambanis Reliance Entertainment is set to mark a significant power change for Hollywood.
While Oliver Stone used Chinese money for producing his biopic of George W. Bush, Spielbergs new deal with Ambani demonstrates Hollywoods inclination towards foreign financers.
The shift demonstrates Hollywoods requirement for overseas investments, especially following the credit crunch that has made it difficult to borrow money in the US, reports TimesOnline.
Spielberg will soon form a new company with the Indian Reliance Entertainment that is a part of a Mumbai-based corporation specialising in almost everything, from telecommunications to energy.
Paramount Pictures shall formally announce the end of their movie-making relationship with Spielbergs DreamWorks.
Spielberg and Paramount have together produced hit animated blockbusters like Shrek and live action movies such as Saving Private Ryan, before the company’’s animation division was spun-off into a public company in 2004. (ANI)
- Reliance DreamWorks films get 11 Oscar nominations - Jan 25, 2012
- Reliance Big in venture for acclaimed global scriptwriters (Lead) - Dec 14, 2010
- Anil Ambani Group in new venture for acclaimed global scriptwriters - Dec 14, 2010
- BBC, Reliance Big in movie co-production deal - Nov 02, 2010
- Anil Ambani, Spielberg announce $825 mn funding for Dreamworks - Jul 15, 2009
- Anil Ambani walks Oscar red carpet, his 'The Help' gets statuette (With Images) - Feb 27, 2012
- Reliance Big, Tom Hanks in new entertainment venture - Oct 01, 2010
- Steven Spielberg 'confirms new studio' - Aug 19, 2009
- Bollywood shining with a little help from Hollywood - Aug 18, 2009
- Disney to distribute Anil Ambani-DreamWorks movies - Feb 11, 2009
- Historic Bollywood-Hollywood pact signals India's emergence in world cinema - Aug 18, 2009
- Spielberg-Clooney-Roberts come to Bollywood - Jul 17, 2009
- Hollywood, Bollywood sign cooperation pact - Nov 11, 2010
- DreamWorks China venture to produce first animation film - Mar 20, 2012
- DreamWorks Animation in five-year deal with 20th Century Fox - Aug 21, 2012
Tags: ambani, ambanis, animation division, billionaire, biopic, blockbusters, chinese money, credit crunch, dreamworks, dreamworks spielberg, financers, george w bush, inclination, new deal, oliver stone, overseas investments, paramount pictures, power shift, saving private ryan, timesonline