Hollywood film ”The Mummy: The Tomb of the Dragon Emperor” premiered in MumbaiAugust 1st, 2008 - 10:54 pm ICT by ANI
Mumbai, August 1 (ANI): Brendan Fraser, Maria Bello, Jet Li and Michelle Yeoh starrer Hollywood flick ”The Mummy: The Tomb of the Dragon Emperor” was premiered in Mumbai on Thursday.
Bollywood Glitterati who thronged the venue to have the glimpse of this flick included some top actress and singers.
Pratichee Mohapatra, one of the singers of Viva, an Indian Band that was formed after a nationwide competition held by Channel V sometime in 2002 said she is a fan of the Mummy series.
I”m a complete Mummy fan it’’s not just the movie Mummy but actually my love for Mummy comes from the fact that I”m a fan of Egyptian History. My only disappointment this time is that the film is not based in Egypt. I was in love with the guy who played the character of Mummy in the last movie. So I must add that I”m a complete fan of this Mummy series, said Pratichee.
Bollywood actress Mink who had a very short stint in Bollywood hoped that the film would be fun watching.
I love the first half of the last movie (The Mummy Returns) but did not like the second half so I”m hoping its better than that. But yes, Brendan Fraser and Mummy is like a classic almost and I hope it will be worth watching, said Mink.
Actress Mahima Chaudhry, who gave birth to a baby girl called Aryana in June last year, hoped that the film had some great action sequences in it.
I”m here to watch the movie ”The Mummy: The Tomb Of The Dragon Emperor”. I hope the sound and the special effects are good. I hope it turns out to be something which you like watching and there is great action and stuff like that, said Mahima.
For the third time, American actor Brendan Fraser plays archeologist Rock O”Connell who, shortly after World War II is sent to Shanghai with his wife Evelyn (played by Maria Bello) on his final mission for the British government. The pair get embroiled in a case when the tomb of the Dragon Emperor is dug up during an excavation and things begin to spiral out of control.
Universal Pictures said that director Rob Cohen (Dragonheart, The Fast and the Furious) has created many action-packed scenes in the film including heart-stopping chases, three-headed dragons and martial art combat scenes with Chinese star Jet Li.
Film producers hope the movie will be as successful as the two first “Mummy” films, which brought in a total of nearly 850 million. (ANI)
- Brendan Fraser looking forward to turning 40 - Jul 30, 2008
- Action in Asia in 'The Mummy' part three - Jul 25, 2008
- Jet Li to appear in Chinese film - Aug 26, 2009
- 'The Mummy' third sequel is disappointing fare (Review) - Aug 02, 2008
- Hudgens to play pregnant teen in 'Gimmer Shelter'? - May 02, 2011
- Hollywood blockbusters break rules on sex, violence warnings - Aug 19, 2008
- Priyanka urges people to watch cousin's 'Ishaqzaade' - Apr 08, 2012
- Watson denies role in 'Fifty Shades...' movie - Aug 03, 2012
- Actresses look sexier: Rachel Weisz - Aug 07, 2012
- Jolie's 'Salt' fight scene upset son - Jul 04, 2010
- 'Titanic' in 3D -- Indian fans excited, experts doubtful - Apr 03, 2012
- 'Titanic' in 3D: Indian fans excited, experts doubtful (Lead) - Apr 03, 2012
- Nigerian Man Has 107 Wives - May 13, 2011
- Madhoo wants Ratnam to make 'Roja 2' - Jul 09, 2012
- Taiwanese producer wants to make Bollywood-type film - Jul 28, 2010
Tags: action sequences, american actor, archeologist, bollywood, brendan fraser, british government, chaudhry, egyptian history, excavation, glitterati, hollywood film, hollywood flick, jet li, maria bello, michelle yeoh, mink, mohapatra, mummy returns, wife evelyn, world war ii