Hoax interview puts Bigfoot discovery in doubtAugust 15th, 2008 - 2:28 pm ICT by ANI
Canberra, August 15 (ANI): The two men who claim to have found Bigfoot have admitted to filming a hoax video with a fake scientist, but they still claim they have a real Bigfoot corpse in the freezer and will reveal all at a press conference.
Two US hunters, Matthew Whitton and Rick Dyer, last month said they had discovered the body of Bigfoot in a forest in northern Georgia, a south-east US state.
The hunters have promised to reveal all about the find, including DNA evidence and photo evidence of the creature, at a press conference in California.
However, its been revealed that a video filmed by the pair, featuring an interview with a scientist, was a hoax.
The video, uploaded to You Tube by Dyer, shows a Dr Paul Van Buren after he had flown from Texas to Georgia to view the Bigfoot body.
After seeing the corpse, Dr Van Buren said, Its obviously a male, we looked at a very, very large primate male, it doesnt fit into any of the taxonomic groups I can think of.
Unbelievable, Im still shaking. Ive never seen anything like this before, he had added.
However, Dr Van Buren was later outed as being Whittons brother, Martin, and the pair was forced to concede in a subsequent video that the interview was a hoax.
But, Whitton insisted the Bigfoot discovery was authentic, saying the fake interview was filmed to stir up those in the Bigfoot world who had been hassling and stalking the pair.
The supposed discovery of Bigfoot, also known as Sasquatch, has been widely reported in the US and around the world.
News that the legendary ape-like creature has been found has also kicked off a frenzied online response, with the story covered in newspapers around the world and generating much interest on blogs and websites. (ANI)
- Bigfoots hoax body up for sale on ebay - Oct 14, 2008
- Bigfoot hoax body sold for 250,000 dollars on eBay - Oct 18, 2008
- Purported Bigfoot discovery met with disbelief in US - Aug 16, 2008
- Fabled Bigfoot on verge of discovery, claims expert - Jun 18, 2010
- Photo, video, DNA, Georgian men prove Bigfoot - Aug 16, 2008
- Three men claim discovery of Bigfoots body in US - Aug 13, 2008
- Bigfoot hoaxers resurface, lay blame on California promoter - Aug 22, 2008
- Bigfoot discovery in US revealed to be a hoax! - Aug 20, 2008
- North Carolina Man Claims To Have Come Across Bigfoot - Jun 19, 2010
- Bigfoot press conference is on - Aug 16, 2008
- Twisted trees found in Siberia are 'proof of Bigfoot' - Nov 14, 2011
- Man Dressed as Bigfoot Killed - Aug 28, 2012
- Find Bigfoot in Northern Georgia - Aug 13, 2008
- Bigfoot Killed My Dog: Claims Tim Peeler Of North Carolina - Jun 19, 2010
- Yeti nests found in Russia? - Nov 14, 2011
Tags: any of the taxonomic groups, august 15, bigfoot, brother martin, canberra, corpse, discovery, dna evidence, dr paul, freezer, large primate, newspapers around the world, northern georgia, paul van buren, photo evidence, rick dyer, sasquatch, scientist, two men, whitton