Hizbul Mujahideen militant surrenders in JammuMarch 31st, 2009 - 8:03 pm ICT by IANS
Jammu, March 31 (IANS) A militant of Hizb-ul-Mujahideen, identified as Abdul Qayoon Wani, surrendered to army troops in Ranbirsingh Pura, a border town about 30 km west of Jammu, Tuesday.
According to defence ministry spokesman Lt. Col. Biplab Nath, the militant, who also went by the alias of Saifullah Tirzay surrendered with an AK-56 rifle, two magazines, 96 rounds of ammunition and one Chinese grenade.
It is rare for a Hizb-ul-Mujahideen militant to be found in this belt, as the plains of Jammu are believed to be free of militants.
- Two most wanted LeT commanders killed (Lead) - Apr 24, 2011
- Hizbul militant killed, Hindu member trapped in gun-battle - Nov 27, 2009
- Three terrorists killed in Jammu and Kashmir (Lead) - Oct 21, 2009
- Two Hizbul militants surrender in Jammu Kashmir - Mar 04, 2010
- Hizb terrorist killed in Jammu and Kashmir - Oct 10, 2009
- Militant hideout busted in Kashmir, arms cache recovered - Aug 27, 2012
- Delhi court blast accused killed in Kishtwar - Aug 06, 2012
- High court blast aimed at saving Guru from gallows: NIA - Mar 13, 2012
- Delhi court blast accused killed in Kishtwar (Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Two militants killed in Jammu and Kashmir - Aug 16, 2008
- Judicial custody of high court blast accused extended - Mar 28, 2012
- Hizbul Mujahideen section commander killed by army - Aug 05, 2009
- Army gun-down two Hizb militants in J&K - Jan 23, 2009
- Two soldiers killed in Jammu and Kashmir (Second Lead) - Jan 29, 2010
- Delhi court blast accused killed in Kishtwar (Second Lead) - Aug 06, 2012