Hizbul Mujahideen militant caught, huge cache of arms recoveredApril 25th, 2009 - 3:44 pm ICT by ANI
Srinagar, Apr 25 (ANI): The Army on Saturday caught a Pakistani terrorist from the Gurez sector of Jammu and Kashmir.
The Hizbul Mujahideen militant, identified as Syed Moin-ul Shah, was nabbed while trying to return to Pakistan. He reportedly belongs to Pakistan’s North West Frontier Province and has also been trained in Mansera.
Addressing a press conference, Army spokesperson Brigadier Gurmeet Singh informed that an abundant accumulation of arms and ammunition has also been recovered.
The arms and ammunitions recovered include 32 kg of explosives, 10 AK-47s with 13,000 rounds, 14 RPG shells and 445 grenades.
Brigadier Singh revealed that Shah had crossed over from the other side of the Line of Control (LoC) along with 31 other militants.
A total of 120 militants have infiltrated in India, he added.
Shah, during interrogation, has told the Army that terrorists operating in India have no connection to the Taliban.
Brigadier Singh further said that the Army, so far has neutralised 53 terrorists in the valley this year. (ANI)
- Major infiltration bid foiled, 12 Lashkar men killed (Lead) - Aug 20, 2011
- Pakistani army pushing guerrillas into Kashmir: Indian Army - Apr 25, 2009
- Hizbul militant surrenders with family in Kashmir - Aug 29, 2010
- Militant leads to big arms haul in Kashmir - Dec 01, 2010
- Another militant killed in Kashmir's Gurez sector - Aug 25, 2011
- Terrorist camps operating in Pakistan-held Kashmir: Indian Army - May 09, 2011
- Soldier killed while foiling infiltration bid - Aug 09, 2012
- General V. K. Singh says infiltration attempts are on the rise across LoC - Oct 11, 2010
- LeT responsible for Kupwara gunbattle: Army - Mar 25, 2009
- Army officer cremated with full military honours - Aug 22, 2011
- Top LeT militant killed in Kupwara encounter: Army - Mar 26, 2009
- India concerned over increased infiltration from Pakistan - Apr 28, 2009
- India to Pakistan: Truce violations jeopardise peace - Jun 23, 2012
- Hizbul Mujahideen militant apprehended in Pattan, Kashmir - Dec 05, 2010
- Pakistani troops fire rockets at six Indian posts (Night Lead) - Oct 28, 2010
Tags: accumulation, ak 47s, ammunition, army spokesperson, brigadier, explosives, frontier province, grenades, gurmeet singh, hizbul mujahideen, interrogation, jammu and kashmir, kashmir, loc, militants, north west frontier, pakistan, shells, taliban, terrorists