Hizbul Mujahideen militant arrested in Jammu regionMay 16th, 2012 - 7:35 pm ICT by IANS
Jammu, May 16 (IANS) A Hizbul Mujahideen (HM) militant was arrested Wednesday by police from the mountainous Doda district of the Jammu region in Jammu and Kashmir.
“Police received inputs about the presence of an HM militant in Nalwa village of Doda district, about 150 km north-east of Jammu city. The police started an operation which led to the arrest of the militant identified as Tanveer Ahmad. Ahmad is a resident of Bagodiyan in Doda district,” Doda Superintendent of Police Mohammad Arif Rishu told IANS.
Rishu said the militant was missing since 2002 and during interrogation, he admitted that he “went to Pakistan-Occupied Kashmir (PoK) from the Poonch district and got training in arms.”
He was infiltrated back into Jammu and Kashmir as an HM militant to carry out activities in Doda district.
Police have recovered one Chinese pistol, two magazines, 30 rounds, one wireless set, one satellite phone and two hand-grenades from the arrested militant.
- Hizbul Mujahideen militant says Kashmiris still receive training in PoK camps - May 12, 2010
- Hindu commander of Hizbul killed in Jammu - Jul 27, 2011
- 2 Hizbul militants held in Jammu-Kashmir's Baramulla district - Oct 17, 2010
- Top Hizbul commander killed in Kashmir gunfight - Oct 08, 2011
- Militant leads to big arms haul in Kashmir - Dec 01, 2010
- Youth 'kidnapped' by LeT returns to India from PoK - Jun 13, 2012
- Two Hizbul militants killed in Jammu - Apr 24, 2010
- Slain Hizbul commander behind 30 civilians' killings: Army - Oct 14, 2011
- 30 militants in Jammu's border districts: Army - Mar 22, 2012
- Guerrilla arrested with Pakistani wife in Valley - Dec 13, 2011
- Two militants killed near Jammu - Nov 28, 2010
- Paharis moot meeting community in PoK for ST status drive - Sep 09, 2012
- Hizbul commander killed in Kashmir gunfight - Apr 03, 2011
- 'Pakistan not cooperating in return of Kashmiri youths' - Jul 28, 2012
- Hizbul commander killed in gunfight - Jul 26, 2011
Tags: district police, doda district, hand grenades, hizbul mujahideen, interrogation, jammu and kashmir, jammu city, kashmir, magazines, mohammad arif, pakistan, pistol, pok, presence, rishu, satellite phone, superintendent, tanveer ahmad