Hindustan Motors and Mitsubishi Motors launch their joint venture, Mitsubishi OutlanderOctober 3rd, 2008 - 10:15 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi , Oct 3 (ANI): Hindustan Motors and Mitsubishi Motors on Friday launched their joint venture Mitsubishi outlander, a hi-tech car in the SUV category.
Outlander has been launched in the country after it received success in North America, Japan , Australia , Canada and Western Europe .
With a unique electronic all wheel control system, Outlander is powered by a 2.4 litre, 16 valve Mitsubishi innovative valve timing and electronic control system (Mivec) petrol engine.
The car generates a maximum power of 170 PS/6000 rpm and has flat torque of 226 N-m/4100 rpm. Its rigid body leads to superior handling stability with lighter aluminum roof panels.
Available in seven colours and priced at Rs 20.20 lakh ex-showroom price across the country, the car aims to target the SUV segment.
The market for this car is the SUV, the crossover SUV segment. The size and everything is something between an SUV and a car, said C.K. Birla, chairman Hindustan Motors Limited about the targeted market of the car.
The manufacturers have given enough thought to the safety aspect of Outlander. The Reinforced Impact Safety Evolution (RISE) body of the vehicle leads to greater safety for all occupants regardless of impact direction.
For adventure lovers the SUV has Intelligent and Innovative Vehicle Control System INVECS III), Continuous Variable Transmission (CVT) with six-speed paddle shifts on steering wheel, like those fitted on Lancers” Evolution.
The marketing strategy for newly launched vehicle will focus on brand image.
There are various categories of models available but we would like to give emphasis to brand image and in this brand image, it means the quality and the functions and the four wheel drive function. These are the areas we would like to focus on, said Tetsuro Aikawa, Managing Director, Product Strategy and Development Group, HQ, Mitsubishi Motors Corporation, Japan .
Outlander’’s split tailgate with park bench can accommodate two adult members and has a child’’s convenient seating for enjoying outdoors.
The SUV comes fitted with customized speakers and 650 watts Rockford Fosgate music system. Use of sound blocking and vibration absorbing devices enables high quality sound reproduction in the car. (ANI)
- Hindustan Motors to launch premium sedan Lancer Evolution X - Sep 30, 2010
- Mitsubishi Outlander, costing Rs.2.02 mn, drives into India - Oct 03, 2008
- Tata Motors unveils Safari variant, concept cars - Jan 05, 2012
- Mitsubishi looks at ASEAN trade pact for hub in India - Nov 02, 2008
- Renault to increase prices of Koleos - Dec 14, 2011
- General Motors launch Captiva SUV's new model - Jun 26, 2012
- Hindustan Motors upgrades Mitsubishi Montero - Apr 16, 2012
- Hindustan Motors expects turnaround by 2010-11 end - Aug 10, 2010
- Mitsubishi to produce Pajero Sport in Russia in 2013 - Aug 30, 2012
- New versions of Tata's Vista hatchback launched - Aug 23, 2011
- Luxury car makers target India's small-town boom - Feb 05, 2012
- Nissan to unveil diesel variant of Micra in India - Nov 25, 2010
- Toyota Kirloskar's 2010 sales up 38 percent - Jan 01, 2011
- Hindustan Motors looks at components business for revival - Nov 14, 2008
- Audi Q5's diesel variant launched - Mar 28, 2011
Tags: adventure lovers, aluminum roof, brand image, crossover suv, director product, electronic control system, group hq, hindustan motors, impact safety, mitsubishi motors, mitsubishi motors corporation, mitsubishi outlander, safety aspect, showroom price, steering wheel, suv category, suv segment, targeted market, transmission cvt, variable transmission