Hindu activists paint Lord Rama with blood to protest against Sethu Samundram projectDecember 16th, 2007 - 7:35 pm ICT by admin
Bhopal, Dec 16 (ANI): Activists of the Bajrang Dal and Rashtriya Swabhiman Andolan have donated blood to make painting of Lord Rama to protest against the construction of the Sethu Samundram Canal Project.
The painting using blood as medium is intended to show the anguish of the Hindu community.
“We have expressed the pain we have felt regarding Ram Sethu. If one can give blood (for the cause) he can shed it as well,” said Kailash Tiwari, painter and convener of Rashtriya Swabhiman Andolan.
The painting shows the soldiers of Lord Rama and Lord Hanuman carrying stones for the construction of the bridge.
They vowed to protect Ram Setu at any cost.
“This is a message to those who are opposed to Ram and the ones concerned with the project that they should relinquish the idea of destructing the bridge or they will have to face the consequences,” said Devendra Singh Rawat, a leader of Bajarang Dal.
Few months back, Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M Karunanidhi, a self claimed atheist, had said the existence of Lord Ram was a fallacy as tall as the Himalayas.
His comments had irked Hindu groups over the controversial SSCP.
The project will dredge a channel in a narrow strip of sea between India and Sri Lanka, reducing distances and cutting costs for freight traffic for ships moving from Arabian Sea to Bay of Bengal.
The Hindu groups have been opposing the 560 million dollars project, saying it would destroy the ‘holy’ Ram Sethu, a 48-kilometre chain of limestone shoals that once linked Rameswaram in Tamil Nadu to Mannar in Sri Lanka. (ANI)
- Declare Ram Sethu a national monument: Jayalalithaa - Mar 28, 2012
- Centre shies from naming Rama Sethu a national monument - Apr 19, 2012
- SC gives more time to centre on Palk Strait channel - Sep 03, 2012
- Hindu activists to protest against Sethu Samundram in New Delhi today - Dec 30, 2007
- VHP rejects Governments claim that Lord Rama destroyed Ram Sethu - Jul 28, 2008
- Buddhadeb questions existence of Ram - Dec 07, 2007
- Centre says, Rama Sethu not a national monument - Jul 29, 2008
- CPI-M youth wing strikes for implementation of Sethusamudram canal - Feb 12, 2010
- Quickly build Sethusamudram canal, says CPI-M (Lead) - Feb 12, 2010
- New alignment of Sethusamudram not feasible, court told (Lead) - Jul 02, 2012
- Ram Setu affidavit is price for DMK's support: BJP - Jul 24, 2008
- Ram Setu cannot be declared national monument: government - Jul 29, 2008
- Malhotra criticises central government stand on Ram Setu - Oct 15, 2008
- Sethusamudram canal work will be stopped, says Rajnath Singh - Apr 20, 2009
- Complete Sethusamudram project at earliest: DMK - Mar 29, 2012
Tags: arabian sea, bay of bengal, canal project, chief minister, convener, devendra singh, fallacy, freight traffic, himalayas, hindu activists, hindu community, hindu groups, lord hanuman, lord ram, lord rama, narrow strip, ram sethu, ram setu, rameswaram, sscp