“Hindi Diwas” observed todaySeptember 14th, 2008 - 12:58 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Sept 14 (ANI): “Hindi Diwas” is being observed today across the country.
The Department of Official Language in the Ministry of Home Affairs will organise a function where President Pratibha Patil will be the chief guest.
Union Home Minister Shivraj Patil will preside over the function, while Minister of State for Home Shakeel Ahmed will also be present at the function.
A total of 45 prizes and awards in the form of shield or cash will be given away on this occasion to Hindi litterateurs.
The awards to be given away include the Rajiv Gandhi National Award for original book writing on Gyan Vigyan, the Indira Gandhi Rajbhasha Award for original book writing in Hindi and also for excellent work done in Hindi in Central Government Offices. (ANI)
- Hindi new language for trade and employment: Chidambaram - Sep 14, 2010
- Vice President Ansari to give awards for books written in Hindi - Sep 13, 2010
- President Patil gives away Rajbhasha awards on Hindi Divas - Sep 14, 2008
- Priya Dutt, Daler Mehndi get Rajiv Gandhi Excellence Awards - Aug 21, 2012
- Hamid Ansari gives away 59th National Film Awards - May 03, 2012
- Nation pays homage to Rajiv Gandhi on his 66th birth anniversary - Aug 20, 2010
- President Patil confers 56th National Film Awards - Mar 19, 2010
- Indira Gandhi's birth anniversary celebrated - Nov 19, 2011
- Manmohan, Sonia pay tribute to Rajiv Gandhi - Aug 20, 2010
- Saina Nehwal conferred Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award - Aug 29, 2010
- Rajiv Gandhi remembered on 65th birth anniversary - Aug 20, 2009
- 'I have not said anything with a motive to insulting President' : sacked Rajasthan Minister - Feb 10, 2011
- Pranab Mukherjee sworn in as India's 13th president (Lead) - Jul 25, 2012
- Awards for regional films an encouraging trend: President - Sep 09, 2011
- Rajasthan Minister resigns after remarks on President Patil - Feb 10, 2011
Tags: central government offices, chief guest, gyan vigyan, indira gandhi, minister of state, ministry of home affairs, New Delhi, president pratibha patil, prizes and awards, rajbhasha, rajiv gandhi, union home minister