Himmler’’s Nazi hunting knife to go under the hammerOctober 27th, 2008 - 6:44 pm ICT by ANI
London, Oct 27 (ANI): A Nazi hunting knife once owned by the head of Adolf Hitler’’s SS and Gestapo, Heinrich Himmler, will soon be going under the hammer at an auction.
The horn-handled knife is expected to fetch between 1,000 to 2,000 pounds, when it is auctioned on November 6 by of Mullocks auctioneers.
One side of the 4in blade of the knife is engraved with the signature of Himmler, and an engraved ”SS” device on the other.
Himmler was one of the most dangerous men in Nazi Germany.
The knife, which first belonged to Himmler was then given away to his friend Herman Barth, who was responsible for the SS Education School in Berlin during the Second World War.
“There are many fake items of Third Reich memorabilia which appear on the market but this one is accompanied by a typed letter on the stationery of the Deutsche Arbeitsfront in Baden, addressed to SS Standartenfuhrer Barth in Berlin,” the Telegraph quoted Richard Westwood Brookes, of Mullocks auctioneers, as saying.
He added: “Hermann Barth was a close friend of both Himmler and Goering. He seems to have survived the war and died in 2005.
“We have seen references to other high status Nazis items coming from his personal possessions. Himmler was responsible for millions of deaths of men, women and children as overseer of concentration camps.
“He was the embodiment of evil, he was a horrible little man who even crossed Hitler in the end to save his own skin.
“He was the architect of the holocaust and he was a thoroughly despicable man. But this serves as an artefact of historical importance as a significant reminder of the evil of the Nazis.” (ANI
- Hitler once spared the life of a Jew - his ex-officer - Jul 06, 2012
- Unseen pic of Heinrich Himmler withdrawn just before auction - Mar 30, 2011
- British corporal's diaries claim he saw Nazi general Himmler die - Aug 02, 2010
- Himmler took cyanide to commit suicide - Aug 02, 2010
- Hitler's signed autobiography to go on sale - Apr 11, 2011
- Heinrich Himmler was duped into believing sand could be turned into gold - Jul 20, 2010
- British spy sang for Hitler with secret documents in her underwear - Sep 10, 2010
- 30000 pounds for rare copy of Mein Kampf signed by Hitler - Apr 11, 2011
- Sinister images of Hitler training as SS officer up for grabs - Nov 29, 2010
- Exhibition showing Nazi-era Berlin reopened - Aug 24, 2010
- Former Hitler aide, 97, signed 'start order' for mass execution of Jews - Dec 09, 2010
- Hitler's gold dental fillings were torn from mouths of Jews - Oct 09, 2009
- 'Dear Uncle Adolf': documentary details fan letters sent to Hitler - Apr 26, 2010
- 'Five-star jails' used for Hitler's 'special' prisoners of war, reveals tell-all - Mar 19, 2011
- 'Nazi princess' daughter of SS head still the heroine of shadowy Nazi group - Dec 02, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,