Hillary Clinton struggles with over 20 million dollars debtJune 20th, 2008 - 4:35 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, June 20 (ANI): New York Senator Hillary Clinton will have to bear the entire 11 million dollars loan she gave her campaign because the fund-raising has dried up.
Hillarys push to retire her debt — more than 20 million dollars including her loan — is going so poorly that getting help to pay it down has become a major point of negotiation with Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama, who wants Hillary to help smooth things with angry Clinton die-hards, sources have said.
I have raised nothing since the campaign ended, The Daily News quoted a Hillary fundraiser, as saying.
Sources said the fact that they have all but written off their own loan suggests they’re favouring the local caterers and printers they used for campaign events.
Even the Clintons wouldnt pay themselves back before they pay the little guy in Iowa, a Clinton fund-raiser said. After she quit, the money dried up, the source said.
Another source said that Clintons campaign failed to understand modern fund-raising, in spite of raising a stunning 220 million dollars.
It was a pre-Internet strategy, said a top Democratic official. You go to your big donors and get them to max out. Now it’s almost impossible to get money because it’s over. Why would somebody want to give to retire a debt for somebody who lost?
Clintons best shot at retiring her debt now lies with Obama, who has built the best political cash machine ever seen. Sources said she wants Obama to tap his full grass roots ATM, but negotiations were going on. (ANI)
- Obama in campaign mode as he turns 50 - Aug 04, 2011
- Obama is most prolific money-raiser in political history for Republicans! - Oct 28, 2010
- Former Clinton fundraising chief charged with bank fraud - Aug 26, 2009
- Bill Clinton Raffles Himself To Pay Hillary's Debt - May 14, 2010
- Michelle Obama takes tips from Hillary Clinton on raising kids in public eye - Nov 12, 2008
- Clinton's friends find new way to help her pay left over campaign debt - Apr 24, 2009
- Bon Jovi to spearhead fundraiser to help beat Hillary Clintons debt woes - Jan 05, 2009
- Clinton, Morsi discuss US-Egypt relations - Jul 15, 2012
- Indian American Reshma Saujani loses New York primary - Sep 15, 2010
- US Senate polls: Democratic outsource attack alienating Indian American vote bank - Oct 24, 2010
- Bill Clinton calls for support to Greek economy - Jul 23, 2012
- Bill Clinton offers himself as lottery prize - May 13, 2010
- Obama launches re-election bid with - 'It begins with us' - Apr 04, 2011
- Bill Clinton book hails Obama anti-crisis measures - Nov 06, 2011
- Biden compares GOP Economic Strategy to ' blaming rape victims' for being raped - Mar 20, 2011
Tags: 20 million dollars, barack obama, campaign events, caterers, clintons, democratic presidential candidate, democratic presidential candidate barack obama, die hards, donors, fund raiser, fund raising, fundraiser, grass roots, hillary clinton, internet strategy, negotiation, presidential candidate barack obama, senator hillary clinton, spite, york senator