Hilary Swank bringing bestseller French Women Don”t Get Fat to screenAugust 15th, 2008 - 4:48 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Aug 15 (ANI): Oscar winner Hilary Swank has picked up the rights for a film version of the best-selling book French Women Don”t Get Fat, according to reports.
Swank, an Academy Award winner for Boys Don”t Cry and Million Dollar Baby could star in a screen adaptation of Mireille Guiliano’’s hit 2004 lifestyle tome, Daily Variety reported.
Guiliano, a former executive with champagne company Veuve Clicquot, scored a hit with her book, subtitled The Secret of Eating for Pleasure which offered insights into how French women manage to stay slim despite enjoying calorie-rich staples such as pastries and wine, reports News.com.au.
The book reached top spot on the New York Times non-fiction bestseller list and has sold more than two million copies worldwide to date.
Variety reported that the film version would be a romantic comedy about the boss of a champagne company. (ANI)
- Secret behind eating what you want and still keeping svelte French figure - Jul 09, 2010
- 200-yr-old champagne preserved in Baltic Sea shipwreck up for grabs - Apr 21, 2011
- Three bottles of Veuve Clicquot are world's oldest champagne - Nov 17, 2010
- French women do get fat - Nov 11, 2009
- 'World's oldest champagne' tastes just as bubbly after 200 years - Nov 18, 2010
- Hilary Swank splits from beau - Aug 23, 2012
- Hilary Swank to design 'athleisure' apparel - Dec 25, 2010
- Bubbly recovered from Baltic Sea wreck could belong to Louis XVI - Jul 18, 2010
- Hilary Swank adopts dog - Sep 06, 2011
- Swank films documentary for cancer prevention - May 21, 2011
- Swank's fish to undergo fitness course - Dec 09, 2011
- 230-year-old champagne found off Finnish coast - Sep 01, 2010
- George Clooney to appear in 'Monster of Florence' - Jan 06, 2011
- Ashley Cole shows off new lover while puffing hookah at London club - Mar 14, 2011
- Hilary Swank sues home-audio firm - May 15, 2012
Tags: academy award winner, best selling book, bestseller list, boys don t cry, champagne company, daily variety, don t cry, fiction bestseller, film version, french women, hilary swank, million dollar baby, mireille guiliano, new york times, news com au, oscar winner, pastries, romantic comedy, screen adaptation, staples