Hike for President, Vice-President, Governors approved by ParliamentDecember 15th, 2008 - 8:42 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Dec 15 (ANI): President, Vice-President and state Governors will get a three-fold increase in monthly salary after Parliament on Monday approved the bills.
The President will get Rs 1.50 lakh per month, Vice President Rs 1.25 lakh and Governors Rs 1.10 lakh.
The Lok Sabha has already approved the four bills while Rajya Sabha returned it.
The President and Vice-President will also be entitled to a pension of 50 percent of their salaries. The revision in salary and pension will come into effect from January 1, 2006.
At present, the President gets a monthly salary of Rs 50,000, the Vice-President Rs 40,000 and Governors Rs 36,000.
In addition, former Presidents will also be entitled to a mobile phone, Internet and broadband connection and an additional private secretary and peon. The office maintenance expenses will be raised from Rs 12,000 to Rs 60,000 per annum.
The spouses of deceased Presidents will also be entitled to furnished residence, secretarial staff, car, telephone and travel facilities. (ANI)
- Mukherjee meets Lalu, Mulayam to end deadlock over MPs salary hike - Aug 21, 2010
- Cabinet clears salary hike of MPs - Aug 20, 2010
- Cabinet defers decision on MPs' salary revision - Aug 16, 2010
- Lalu to protest Cabinet deferment of MPs pay hike in Parliament - Aug 17, 2010
- Orissa minister, lawmakers to get three-fold salary hike - Feb 12, 2011
- Parliament adjourns following uproar over MPs' 'poor' salary hike - Aug 20, 2010
- Himachal legislators to get fat salary hike - Apr 05, 2012
- Cabinet to decide pay hike for MPs - Aug 16, 2010
- Lok Sabha ex-speakers may get better retirement benefits (Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Cabinet hikes MPs' perks, salary raise unaltered (Lead) - Aug 23, 2010
- Lok Sabha ex-speakers may get better retirement benefits - Apr 30, 2012
- MPs' salary hike bill in Lok Sabha - Aug 25, 2010
- Lok Sabha okays MPs' three-fold salary hike - Aug 27, 2010
- Jharkhand hikes salaries of ministers, legislators - Sep 03, 2011
- Cabinet bows to MPs' demand, hikes allowances (Third lead) - Aug 23, 2010
Tags: broadband connection, car telephone, deceased presidents, former presidents, january 1, lakh, Lok Sabha, maintenance expenses, New Delhi, office maintenance, phone internet, president vice, private secretary, rajya sabha, rs 50, salaries, secretarial staff, staff car, state governors, travel facilities