High voltage launch of Ford’s new SUV in DelhiFebruary 19th, 2008 - 9:44 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, February 19 (ANI): Ford Motors Company unveiled its latest sports utility vehicle model, the Ford Endeavour Thunder Plus, here today.
The celebrity Bollywood couple of Arbaaz Khan and Malaika Arora Khan kept the glamour quotient high at the launch.
Ford Endeavour Thunder Plus is powered by Ford’s 3.0-litre TDCi diesel engine, which the company claims delivers unmatched power, best-in-class torque and excellent fuel efficiency.
“Endeavour Thunder Plus is the first three-litre SUV (Sports Utility Vehicle) in the category. It is very much piston class and we have added many new features. This vehicle is to be priced at Rs. 1.7 million (ex-showroom, New Delhi),” said Scott Mccormack, Vice President, Sales and Service, Ford India.
The new 16-valve DHOC 3.0 litre turbo diesel TDCi engine offers class-leading torque of 380 Mn peaking 2500rpm. This coupled with maximum power of 156 PS at 3200 rpm combines to deliver excellent driveability beyond the competition, added Mccormack.
New Endeavour Thunder Plus comes in palate of colours like panther black, brush steel, diamond white, jeans blue and mystic wine.
The Ford Motors plans to invest 500 million dollars in three projects in India. The company plans to roll out a small car within next two years. It also plans to expand its plant capacity, besides building an engine plant for the engines that it uses for both domestic consumption and exports. (ANI)
- General Motors launch Captiva SUV's new model - Jun 26, 2012
- Renault to increase prices of Koleos - Dec 14, 2011
- Tata Motors launches Indigo e-CS VX compact sedan - Sep 05, 2011
- General Motors launches new Cruze model - Jun 27, 2012
- Ford launches two new variants of Fiesta sedan - Jul 14, 2011
- Tata Motors unveils Safari variant, concept cars - Jan 05, 2012
- General Motors launches Beat's diesel version - Jul 25, 2011
- Audi Q5's diesel variant launched - Mar 28, 2011
- JK National Racing Championship promises faster action - Jul 06, 2012
- Maruti Suzuki launches Ertiga, enters MUV market - Apr 12, 2012
- Hindustan Motors upgrades Mitsubishi Montero - Apr 16, 2012
- Cess on diesel vehicles regressive: Ford India - Feb 16, 2012
- Maruti Suzuki launches SX4's diesel variant - Feb 22, 2011
- General Motors targets 40 percent volume growth in 2011 - Feb 14, 2011
- Toyota launches diesel variant of Liva and Etios Liva - Sep 09, 2011
Tags: arbaaz khan, diamond white, domestic consumption, driveability, ford endeavour, ford india, ford motors company, fuel efficiency, glamour quotient, latest sports, launch, malaika arora, malaika arora khan, maximum power, service ford, small car, sports utility vehicle, unmatched power, vehicle model, vice president sales