High quality imageries presented to PMMay 5th, 2008 - 10:25 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, May 5 (ANI): Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) chairman Dr. G. Madhavan Nair presented Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh a high quality imageries acquired from Cartosat-2A and Indian Mini Satellite-1 (IMS-1) by, ISRO along with a team of senior scientists here on Monday.
Cartosat-2A and IMS-1 were successfully launched by PSLV-C9 from Satish Dhawan Space Centre (SHAR), Sriharikota on April 28, 2008.
The cameras on board Cartosat-2A and IMS-1 were turned on subsequently and the imageries have been acquired over India and many parts of the globe.
The Prime Minister was highly appreciative of the success of the PSLV-C9 mission, which placed ten satellites into orbit. He congratulated the entire team for the magnificent performance.
Dr. Singh was also briefed about ISROs missions of the immediate future like Chandrayaan-1 and new initiatives related to the Manned Spaceflight Programme. The PM wished ISRO team success in all its future endeavours. (ANI)
- Risat-1 catapults India into a select group of nations (Second Lead) - Apr 26, 2012
- Manmohan watches as 100th Indian space mission blasts off (Lead) - Sep 09, 2012
- India's space odyssey: A timeline (To go with ISRO's 100th mission story) - Sep 09, 2012
- ISRO launches PSLV-C-15, successfully places Cartosat-2B, four other satellites in orbit - Jul 12, 2010
- India's remote sensing satellite set for launch - Apr 23, 2012
- Indian remote sensing satellite set for launch (Lead) - Apr 23, 2012
- ISRO's 100th mission a milestone: PM (Lead) - Sep 09, 2012
- India successfully puts three satellites into orbit - Apr 20, 2011
- Tamil Nadu woman behind Thursday's microwave satellite project(Lead) - Apr 23, 2012
- Indian space agency scores a ton, ready for more (Third Lead) - Sep 09, 2012
- India's new satellite beams high quality images - May 09, 2011
- Indian space agency scores a perfect 100! (Second Lead) - Sep 09, 2012
- PM hails Risat-1 launch - Apr 26, 2012
- New ISRO centre to control spy satellite launch - Apr 09, 2012
- Manmohan Singh, Ansari congratulate ISRO scientists - Sep 23, 2009
Tags: c9, cartosat, chandrayaan, dr manmohan singh, dr singh, entire team, immediate future, indian space research, indian space research organisation, isro chairman, madhavan, magnificent performance, manmohan, manmohan singh, manned spaceflight, parts of the globe, satellite 1, space centre, sriharikota, team success