High-level meeting discusses border-related issues at AttariNovember 24th, 2008 - 10:07 pm ICT by ANI
Attari (Punjab), Nov 24 (ANI): Union Home Secretary Madhukar Gupta chaired a meeting at Attari near Amritsar on Monday where matters relating to the Punjab sector of the India-Pakistan border with particular reference to the Attari-Wagah border were discussed.
The officials who were present during the meeting are- Secretary (Border Management) in the Ministry of Home Affairs Jarnail Singh, Additional Secretary (Border Management) in the Ministry of Home Affairs A.E. Ahmad and other senior officers from the Ministries of Home Affairs, Railways, Commerce, Finance and External Affairs, Border Security Force (BSF) officers, Chief Secretary and other senior officers from the Government of Punjab.
It was decided at the meeting to take immediate action for the development of an Integrated Check Post (ICP) at Attari and plan integrated action for the development of railway-related infrastructure with the ICP.
Various initiatives at the Attari border such as the development of various services and facilities, upgradation of existing infrastructure at the Attari Land Custom Station, various issues relating to border fencing and tourism development were discussed.
The officers visited the area in and around Attari to see the existing facilities. After the meeting was over, the Union Home Secretary along with some senior officers left for Lahore by road for the India-Pakistan Home Secretary Level talks to be held on Tuesday. (ANI)
- New India-Pakistan checkpost to boost trade, travel - Apr 08, 2012
- No military complex at Attari border: India - Feb 09, 2010
- CII looking forward to meeting between Indo-Pak Commerce Secretaries - Apr 25, 2011
- Union Minister Ramachandran lays foundation stone for Jogbani ICP - Jun 24, 2010
- New integrated checkpost opened at Attari, to boost Indo-Pak trade (Lead) - Apr 13, 2012
- India setting up integrated checkposts along border - May 25, 2010
- New checkpost opened at Attari, to boost sub-continental trade (Second Lead) - Apr 13, 2012
- Chidambaram lays foundation stone for integrated border check-post - May 17, 2011
- New integrated check post opens at Attari - Apr 13, 2012
- Commerce Secretary Khullar leaves for Pakistan - Apr 26, 2011
- Chidambaram lays foundation stone of Raxaul ICP in Bihar - Apr 24, 2010
- India building international-level checkposts along borders - May 06, 2011
- Alarm after 40 held on Indo-Nepal border - May 01, 2012
- Sweets and greetings exchanged at Attari border - Aug 15, 2011
- Blinkered vision harms trade, Indian aid in Nepal - Jul 08, 2011
Tags: ahmad, amritsar, border fencing, border management, border security force, chief secretary, external affairs, government of punjab, gupta, home secretary, india pakistan, initiatives, lahore, madhukar, ministry of home affairs, pakistan border, railway, railways, tourism development, wagah border