High level delegation led by Hooda leave for US, Canada and GermanyNovember 14th, 2007 - 1:49 am ICT by admin
Hooda is accompanied by a strong official delegation consisting of M.L. Tayal, Principal Secretary to Chief Minister, Rajiv Arora, Managing Director, Haryana State Industrial Development Corporation, Haryana Industries Minister Lakshman Das Arora, Industry secretary D.R. Dhingra, Irrigation Minister Captain Ajay Singh Yadav, Haryana Power Minister Randeep Surjewala and Shiv Bhatia, Advisor to Chief Minister.
Shiv Bhatia said, “The objective of the delegation is to attract the maximum investment into Haryana leading to further development of the state. We are especially looking at investments in the sectors which can support the continued infrastructural growth of Haryana thereby increasing the employment opportunities in the state. Our priority will be companies having global market for its products and services.
“This year we are targeting investments worth Rupees One Lakh Crores”, he added.
The delegation also has a heavy representation from the private sector and industrialists with Jagdish Khattar, Managing Director, Maruti Udyog Limited, Rakesh Mittal, Vice Chairman of Bharti Enterprises, Pawan Munjal, Managing Director and CEO, Hero Honda Motors, Sanjay Chandra, Managing Director, Unitech, Vipin Sodhi, Managing Director, JCB India Limited and Adesh Gupta from Liberty being a part of the delegation.
Haryana has been put on a fast track of development in all spheres. Particularly, the growth of industry and industry-related infrastructure during the last couple of years has been phenomenal.
With the highest per capita investment in India at Rs. 78,500 there has been a great upsurge in investment in the state this year. The state has targeted an investment of Rs. 2 lakh crore, creating some 20 lakh jobs.
In Haryana, vast opportunities exist for investment and business because of its locational advantage. One third of Haryana falls under the National Capital Region (NCR).
The Haryana Government has created a friendly environment for attracting investment across the globe. (ANI)
- Haryana vows to improve facilities in cities - Sep 13, 2012
- Maruti to invest Rs.1,700 crore in Manesar plant: Haryana minister - Aug 24, 2012
- Ethiopia seeks Haryana's help on industrial township - Feb 02, 2011
- Haryana to host World Economic Forum-India summit - Jun 22, 2012
- Rajasthan's single window law facilitates investment: Minister - Mar 28, 2012
- Delhi, Haryana hope to attract investments at India-Japan summit - Sep 04, 2011
- Haryana's industry scene is a 'mini-Japan' - Jan 23, 2011
- Karnataka global investors' meet kicks off - Jun 07, 2012
- More global firms eye Indian construction equipment market - Nov 28, 2011
- Killed pilgrims' kin protest non-payment of compensation - Jun 28, 2012
- Karnataka hopes to attract $120 bn in investments - Mar 01, 2012
- Partnership Summit to accrue investments for Andhra Pradesh - Jan 09, 2012
- Haryana gets Rs 4,700 crore industrial investment - Apr 23, 2012
- Haryana to create more foodgrain storage - Jun 20, 2012
- Rajasthan inks MoU with IFC to atttract private investment - Sep 03, 2010
Tags: ajay singh, arora, bharti enterprises, chief minister, haryana state, hero honda motors, hooda, India, industrialists, industries minister, investments, jcb, lakh, level delegation, managing director, maruti udyog limited, maximum investment, shiv, unitech