High Court refuses to extend Sanjeev Nanda’’s interim bailJanuary 9th, 2009 - 6:42 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Jan 9 (ANI): The Delhi High Court on Friday refused to extend Sanjeev Nanda’’s interim bail in connection with the BMW hit-and-run case.
Justice Kailash Gambhir dismissed the petition which means Sanjeev has to surrender himself on Saturday.
On December 19, the court had granted three-week interim bail to Sanjeev, who is undergoing five years jail term. On December 16, the court had issued notice to the Delhi Police on contentions of Nanda”’’s counsel and senior advocate Ram Jethmalani that the convict”’’s grandfather was not well and wanted to see him.
On September 5, Nanda sentenced to five years in jail by a Delhi court.
The court convicted Nanda under the Section 304 (2) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC), dealing with culpable homicide not amounting to murder. The law prescribes ten years imprisonment as maximum punishment.
The ten-year-old case involving Nanda, allegedly in an inebriated state is accused of mowing down seven people with his high speeding BMW car in the wee hours of January 10, 1999 in Lodhi Colony area. Six persons died on the spot while one survived. (ANI)
- Supreme Court to hear police appeal in BMW hit-and-run case - Apr 12, 2010
- Delhi High Court grants interim bail to Sanjeev Nanda - Mar 06, 2009
- High Court grants interim bail to Sanjeev Nanda - Dec 19, 2008
- BMW hit-and-run case: HC to decide Sanjeev Nanda's fate today - Jul 20, 2009
- BMW case: Apex court chides police for delay - Jan 11, 2012
- Sanjeev Nanda's sentence reduced in BMW hit-and-run case (Lead) - Aug 03, 2012
- Delhi HC upholds conviction of Nanda in BMW hit and run case - Jul 20, 2009
- SC upholds R K Anand's conviction, clears I U Khan in BMW case - Jul 29, 2009
- BMW case: Apex court chides police for delay (Lead) - Jan 11, 2012
- Delhi Court issues notice to police on Sanjeev Nanda plea - Sep 23, 2008
- Sanjeev Nanda found guilty in BMW hit-and-run case - Sep 02, 2008
- Sanjiv Nandas quantum of sentence today - Sep 03, 2008
- Delhi High Court rejects Sanjeev Nanda's bail extension plea - Jan 09, 2009
- BMW hit and run case: Delhi court order on Nanda`s bail plea today - Oct 04, 2008
- BMW hit and run case: Delhi court rejects Nanda`s bail plea - Oct 04, 2008
Tags: advocate, bmw car, contentions, convict, culpable homicide, delhi court, delhi high court, delhi police, gambhir, imprisonment, indian penal code, jail term, kailash, maximum punishment, New Delhi, old case, petition, ram jethmalani, sanjeev nanda, wee hours