Heroin worth millions seized in PunjabMarch 19th, 2010 - 12:50 pm ICT by ANI
Jalalabad (Punjab), Mar 19 (ANI): Border Security Force (BSF) officials seized heroin worth 1.8 millions here on Thursday.
Acting on a tip off, BSF personnel laid the trap and seized the contraband items like heroin and fake currency from the Pakistani intruders out of whom one was shot dead by the security personnel.
“We recovered 26 kilograms of heroin, fake Indian currency, one pistol, 5,000 live rounds, two empty fire cases of the pistol, two empty fire cases of AK 47, insulation gloves, a mobile two SIM cards and a tester,” said Satyarath, DIG, BSF, Jalalabad.
Punjab’s border with Pakistan is notorious for smuggling illegal drugs, fake Indian currency and weapons.
Last year, the BSF seized around 47.7 kilograms of heroin and fake Indian currency worth over Rupees three million on the Punjab border, besides nabbing four Pakistan-based smugglers. (ANI)
- Heroin worth millions seized in Punjab - Jan 18, 2010
- Three smugglers held with drugs, fake currency in Amritsar - Jul 04, 2012
- BSF kills Pakistani, finds heroin - Feb 23, 2012
- Customs officials seize 20 kilograms of heroin - Feb 21, 2010
- BSF seizes heroin worth rupees 16 crore near India Pak border - Dec 30, 2009
- BSF kills three smugglers on Indo-Pak border in Punjab - Mar 29, 2012
- BSF seizes 12 kg of heroin on Punjab border - Apr 24, 2012
- BSF kills intruder in Punjab, 17 kg heroin seized - Jan 18, 2012
- Sharp hike in heroin smuggling across Punjab border - Aug 21, 2012
- BSF recovers 23 kg heroin from Punjab border - Feb 04, 2012
- 27 kg heroin seized near India-Pakistan border - Oct 06, 2011
- Two Pakistani smugglers killed on Punjab border - Mar 26, 2010
- Pakistani smuggler killed along Punjab border - Mar 18, 2010
- Pakistani intrusion bid foiled by BSF at Rajatal in Punjab - Jan 05, 2010
- Pakistani 'smuggler' killed in Punjab border district - Jan 05, 2010
Tags: ak 47, border security force, bsf, currency worth, fake currency, fire cases, gloves, heroin, illegal drugs, indian currency, insulation, jalalabad, kilograms, pakistan, pakistani intruders, pistol, rupees, security personnel, sim cards, smugglers