Heroin worth 1.5 crore rupees seized in J and KNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:44 am ICT by admin
The heroin seized was made in Afghanistan and packaged in Pakistan.
“The persons we have caught have no previous record of drug peddling. On interrogation we came to know that these drugs have been supplied by an OGW (over ground worker) of Laishkar-e-toiba. These drugs were supplied to them for selling it forward”, said Deputy Inspector General (DIG) Doda Farooq Khan.
Police has registered a case under 18/22 NDPS (Narcotics and Psychotorpic Substances) Act.
Narcotics agencies say that India, wedged between two major drug- producing regions, the Golden Triangle and the Golden Crescent, is a major transit point for drug smuggling to the West where returns are lucrative. (ANI)
- Golden Triangle nations still major drug source: China - Jun 26, 2012
- Man held with heroin worth Rs.1 crore in Uttar Pradesh - Jan 01, 2011
- Lives in peril: Inside Manipur's drug zone - Dec 13, 2011
- Foreigners in Goa under 'unobtrusive surveillance' - Jul 20, 2012
- Four drug peddlers held with Rs.2 cr worth smack - Apr 22, 2010
- Five held with heroin worth Rs.1 crore - Aug 24, 2010
- 61-year-old peddler arrested with drugs worth Rs.3 crore - Jul 13, 2012
- Inter-state drug gang busted, heroin worth Rs.2 crore seized - Nov 16, 2010
- Six foreigners held with heroin worth Rs.11 crore - Aug 05, 2011
- Drug peddler held in capital - Jan 13, 2011
- Drugs worth Rs.1 crore seized - Dec 17, 2010
- Two drug peddlers nabbed with Rs.1 crore-worth heroin - Apr 19, 2011
- Goa Police to probe African drug peddlers' nexus - Jun 13, 2012
- Interstate narcotic syndicate busted in Delhi - Mar 10, 2012
- Mother of three held for drug peddling - Jun 12, 2012
Tags: crore rupees, deputy inspector general, doda, drug smuggling, drugs, farooq khan, golden crescent, golden triangle, have been identified, heroin, interrogation, mubarak ali, narcotics, tahir hussain, transit point