“Heritage Cruise” MS Ocean Odyssey sets sail in MauritiusNovember 13th, 2008 - 10:19 pm ICT by ANI
Chennai, Nov 13 (ANI/Business Wire India): Promises Exotic, unique and out of world experiences to discover the new facets of the Indian Ocean.
– First journey towards pristine islands begins in early December 2008, from Port Louis as the home port
– An all year round programme offering a unique proposition for travelers on a heritage and historical journey through the Indian Ocean
MS Ocean Odyssey, the four star heritage cruise lines, from Indian Ocean Cruises, is all set to begin its journey in the pristine, virgin land of Mauritius, beginning this December.
Announcing this at the World Travel Mart, London, Sanjeev Goswami, Joint Managing Director of Foresight Smart Ventures said, MS Ocean Odyssey refurbished on the theme of colonial heritage undoubtedly will take our passengers through a journey of heritage and mix of culture on the islands of Indian Ocean.
Speaking on the occasion, Dr. Karl Motoosamy, Director, Mauritius Tourism Promotion Authority, said: We are glad that the launch of MS Ocean Odyssey will bind the islands of Indian Ocean on the theme of their historical evolution. Mauritius known as the “star and the key of the Indian Ocean” will now become the starting point of this wonderful journey adding value to the customer offerings.
Utsav Seth, Managing Director, Foresight Smart Ventures said “We have invested over 30 million dollar to develop our Cruise offering in the Indian Ocean and have aggressive plans for next five years to establish world class cruises in the Indian Ocean”
The heritage cruise liner with maximum of 200 passengers on board will offer a highly personalized service and ultimate comfort at affordable prices, and will help discover the new facets of the Indian Ocean.
On-board facilities include a four-star restaurant offering a range of local and international cuisine, observation lounge and bar, coffee bar, gymnasium and fitness centre, sauna and spa, sun-deck, casino, library and medical clinic, along with a wide variety of international entertainment.
A range of itineraries, all based from Port Louis will be offered, focused on exciting journey in the pristine waters of Indian Ocean to Reunion, Rodrigues, and Madagascar. With this range of programs, the vanilla itinerary will bring in a magical appeal to the island and add value to the offerings of Mauritius products in the Indian Ocean. (ANI)
- China donates 45 vehicles to Mauritius Police - Sep 01, 2012
- India provides $250 mn line of credit, $20 mn grant to Mauritius (Lead) - Feb 08, 2012
- President Patil lauds Mauritius for its support to India - Apr 24, 2011
- India keen to enhance economic cooperation with Mauritius - Apr 26, 2011
- Indian arrival in Mauritius through rare documents - Mar 17, 2011
- President Patil accorded warm welcome in Mauritius - Apr 24, 2011
- India, Mauritius to join hands to combat piracy: Patil - Apr 25, 2011
- Travel Corporation starts luxury train journeys in India - Sep 14, 2011
- Indian varsities fuel Mauritius' 'knowledge hub' dream - Feb 17, 2011
- President Patil lauds Mauritius for its support to India over UNSC seat - Apr 26, 2011
- Mauritius invites Indian investments - Feb 08, 2012
- Cruise liner for Indian tourists flagged off in Kerala - Dec 01, 2009
- Goa to attract ocean cruise liners - Apr 05, 2012
- President Patil leaves on five-day state visit to Mauritius today - Apr 24, 2011
- India's first luxury cruise liner to stop operations - Jan 13, 2010
Tags: aggressive plans, coffee bar, colonial heritage, cruise liner, cruise lines, customer offerings, fitness centre, heritage cruise, indian ocean cruises, international cuisine, mauritius tourism promotion authority, ms ocean, observation lounge, ocean odyssey, pristine islands, tourism promotion authority, travel mart, virgin land, wonderful journey, world experiences