Heres why Pete Wentz, Ashlee Simpson named their kid MowgliNovember 26th, 2008 - 6:04 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, November 26 (ANI): Musician Peter Wentz, who recently welcomed his son with singer wife Ashlee Simpson, has revealed the inspiration behind giving the baby his middle name Mowgli.
The Fall Out Boy bassist told Ryan Seacrest why his son, Bronx Mowgli Wentz, was named after the most prominent and memorable character in Rudyard Kiplings fantasy book.
“The Jungle Book was something that me and Ashlee bonded over. It’’s a cool name, People magazine quoted him as saying.
The 29-year-old songwriter, however, refused to spill details behind the first name of the baby, whose initials spell BMW.
He said: “We came up with the idea Bronx. We”ve been throwing [ideas] back and forth a while.
It’’s kind of cool to just leave the narrative what it is. People are stoked or pissed or whatever. And you”re like, you know what: I don”t think anyone really has the real story.” (ANI)
- Simpson, Wentz divorce finalised - Dec 08, 2011
- Pete Wentz's Son Bronx Mowgli Wentz Fine After Minor Car Accident - May 19, 2010
- Ashlee Simpson files for divorce from Pete Wentz - Feb 10, 2011
- Ashlee Simpson, Husband Pete Wentz Part Ways, File For Divorce - Feb 10, 2011
- Ashlee Simpson moves in with sister Jessica - Feb 15, 2011
- Ashlee, Pete Wentz throw SpongeBob-themed party for son's first b'day - Nov 23, 2009
- Pete Wentz wants joint custody of son - Mar 09, 2011
- Ashlee Simpson gives birth to baby boy - Nov 22, 2008
- Ashlee Simpson, Pete Wentz enjoy Valentine's Day lunch post-split - Feb 15, 2011
- Pete Wentz spotted with mystery brunette - Mar 05, 2011
- Pete Wentz spotted with mystery girl - Mar 06, 2011
- Simpson, Pete Wentz file for divorce - Feb 10, 2011
- Pete Wentz, Ashlee Simpson begin custody battle over son - Mar 09, 2011
- Pete Wentz suffered writer's block after Mowgli's birth - Nov 10, 2009
- Ashlee Simpson-Wentz's secret to her post-baby weight loss - luck - Aug 10, 2009
Tags: ashlee simpson, bmw, fall out boy, fall out boy bassist, fantasy book, initials, inspiration, jungle book, memorable character, middle name, musician, narrative, people magazine, pete wentz, peter wentz, rudyard kiplings, ryan seacrest, songwriter