Hepatitis B death toll in Gujarat rises to 34February 19th, 2009 - 6:23 pm ICT by ANI
Ahmedabad, Feb 19 (ANI): The Hepatitis B death toll in Modasa, Gujarat has risen to 34, with ten more deaths reported on Thursday.
A Sabarkantha District helath official said: Ten people have lost their lives on Thursday, taking the number of deaths due to hepatitis infection to 34.
There have been several new cases reported, taking the total number of cases registered to over 100, off which 34 have died.
Some of the infected are undergoing treatment in various hospitals in different districts.
The State Health Department is working round the clock to control the outbreak of Hepatitis B and Hepatitis D.
Officials added that over 135 teams comprising of doctors are undertaking door-to-door survey to check for more infected people.
The National Institute of Communicable Disease, Delhi and Institute of Virology Pune have sent teams to Modasa to review the situation. (ANI)
- Hepatitis B death toll in Gujarat rises to 60 - Mar 02, 2009
- Viral hepatitis a silent killer: WHO - Jul 27, 2011
- Hepatitis-B toll rises to 16 in Gujarat sub-district - Feb 16, 2009
- Eleven die of hepatitis-D in Gujarat district - Feb 13, 2009
- Fancy a tattoo? Beware of hepatitis virus (July 28 is World Hepatitis Day) - Jul 28, 2011
- Residents of Modassa blame Gujarat Govt. for spread of Hepatitis B - Feb 22, 2009
- Medical teams sent to hepatitis-B hit Gujarat area: Congress - Feb 16, 2009
- 9 in 10 Delhiites still need to be vaccinated against Hepatitis B Virus: Experts - Dec 04, 2010
- Haryana town hit by Hepatitis-C - Feb 21, 2012
- 19 children dead in Bihar, encephalitis suspected - Sep 12, 2011
- '40 million infected with Hepatitis B in India' - Jul 26, 2011
- Central agency to take over Gujarat blast probe - Jun 24, 2010
- Agartala kicks off mission to become Hepatitis free - Apr 15, 2012
- Spurt in swine flu deaths in Kerala, health ministry to send team - Jun 15, 2010
- Hepatitis B immunisation in India from April 1: Ramadoss - Feb 25, 2009
Tags: ahmedabad, clock, communicable disease, death toll, deaths, doctors, gujarat, helath, hepatitis, hepatitis b, hepatitis infection, hospitals, outbreak, pune, state health department, undergoing treatment, virology