Henry VIII to stay slim in The TudorsSeptember 1st, 2008 - 2:55 pm ICT by ANI
London, Sept 1 (ANI): The producers of the hit TV series The Tudors have revealed that Henry VIII will not get fat in the show.
The show bosses said that Jonathan Rhys Meyers, who plays Henry in the show, would not be required to put on weight so that he retains his sex appeal.
Englands famous monarch was believed to be more than 20st, with a waist of 54in. He even needed a hoist to life him on to his horse towards the end of his life.
“We still want him to be appealing, the Telegraph quoted executive producer Morgan O”Sullivan, as saying.
“We don”t want to destroy his good looks. An exact portrayal of Henry is not a factor that we think is important.
“We are not in the business of making Johnny look like Henry VIII. We have accepted that from day one.
“We have been criticised for not casting someone with red hair. But you either cast him exactly like Henry VIII, or you choose to deal with it differently, he added.
The second series of the show is attracting about two million viewers a week.
The third is currently being filmed at Ardmore Studios in Co Wicklow, Ireland, taking the saga up to Henry’’s divorce from Anne of Cleves, who is played by singer Joss Stone. (ANI)
- The Star Of 'The Tudors', Jonathan Rhys Meyers, Is Visiting The Rehab Again - May 21, 2010
- Meyers' role as Henry VIII in 'The Tudors' to end next year - Apr 15, 2009
- Joss Stone lands royal role in ''The Tudors'' - Aug 06, 2008
- Music is my first love: Joss Stone assures fans - Oct 04, 2008
- O'Sullivan puts one foot in snooker final - May 05, 2012
- O'Sullivan beats Carter to win fourth world snooker crown - May 08, 2012
- World Snooker Champion Ronnie O'Sullivan to appear on 'Strictly Come Dancing'? - Jul 12, 2012
- Meyers lived like 16th century king for over five months - Apr 06, 2009
- Henry VIII's opulent wine fountain comes back to life - May 02, 2010
- Jonathan uses N-word against airline staff: Report - May 18, 2010
- 'The Tudors' star Jonathan Rhys Meyers is back in rehab - May 21, 2010
- History, angling and drama on book-shelf (IANS Books this Week) - Jul 14, 2012
- Pope greets Queen Elizabeth - Jun 06, 2012
- Blood group anomaly 'caused Tudor king's reproductive issues, mental impairment' - Mar 04, 2011
- Jones shocks Murphy on world snooker championship debut - Apr 24, 2012