Heavy snow fall in ManaliDecember 21st, 2008 - 2:57 pm ICT by ANI
Manali, Dec 21 (ANI): Tourists thronged Manali hill resort in Himachal Pradesh on Sunday in large numbers to experience snowfall.
Chilly winds could not dampen the spirit of revelers who were seen enjoying the snow.
“I have done skiing here. This is my first experience. I am really enjoying it, like we are in heaven,” said Dev, a tourist.
Tribal valleys of Lahaul and Pangi in the higher altitudes were cut off while the mighty Rohtang pass in Kullu district also had good snowfall.
Tourists, many of whom are first timers, braved cold winds and dipping temperatures as they trudged through snow-covered roads.
“This is the first time we have come here. We really like it,” said Dipti, another tourist.
Many tourists could be seen making figures of snow and throwing snowballs at each other.
Meanwhile, Manali - Rohtang pass was shutdown on Thursday due to heavy snowfall.
Located at an altitude of 2,000 meters, Manali is a popular summer hill resort.
Manali gets nearly 60 per cent of the six million tourists visiting Himachal Pradesh every year. (ANI)
- Himachal's snowy peaks pull in tourists - Dec 12, 2011
- Still snowing tourists in Himachal hills - Mar 25, 2011
- Snow-clad mountains luring tourists to Himachal - Nov 19, 2010
- Snow in Manali hills, tourists happy on 11.11.11 - Nov 11, 2011
- Severe cold in Himachal, snowfall disrupts flights (Lead) - Jan 15, 2011
- Snowfall delights tourists in Manali - Feb 16, 2011
- Snowfall drapes Dharamsala, Shimla in white - Jan 07, 2012
- Snowfall in Manali, hopes up for white V-Day - Feb 13, 2011
- Snowfall continues in Himachal hills - Jun 02, 2011
- More snowfall, rain in Himachal - Feb 16, 2011
- Head to Manali for a white V-Day (Lead) - Feb 13, 2011
- Manali wrapped in white again - Jan 05, 2012
- Himachal towns get snow after 35 years (Lead) - Jan 07, 2012
- Himachal gets season's first snow amid rains (Lead) - Aug 13, 2011
- Fresh snowfall in Himachal Pradesh lures tourists - Feb 06, 2011
Tags: altitude, altitudes, chilly winds, cold winds, first experience, first timers, heaven, heavy snow, heavy snowfall, hill resort, large numbers, manali, revelers, rohtang pass, snow fall, snowballs, spirit, temperatures, tourists, valleys