Heavy rains lead to suspension of Amarnath pilgrimageJuly 6th, 2008 - 9:50 pm ICT by ANI
Srinagar , July 6 (ANI): Heavy rains on both routes to the Amarnath shrine today lead to the suspension of Amarnath Pilgrimage.
Rains made the 46-km route from Pahalgam to the cave and the shortest 12-km route from Baltal slippery which made it difficult for the pilgrims to proceed, Shri Amarnathji Shrine Board (SASB) source said.
While the pilgrims on Pahalgam-cave route have been stopped at Sahdu Padaw, others on the shorter route were asked not to proceed further from Domail.
The pilgrimage would be resumed as soon as weather improves and the tracks become worth travelling, he added. (ANI)
- Thousands trek to Amarnath cave for prayers (Lead) - Jun 29, 2011
- Annual Amarnath yatra begins (Lead) - Jun 24, 2012
- Preparations begin for Amarnath pilgrimage - Mar 21, 2012
- Heavy rain disrupts Amarnath pilgrim's movement - Jun 25, 2012
- Annual Hindu pilgrimage of Amarnath to start June 25 - Feb 26, 2012
- Bad weather hampering efforts to clear Amarnath route - May 27, 2012
- 12,000 pilgrims arrive for Amarnath Yatra - Jun 24, 2012
- Around 500,000 perform Amarnath Yatra - Jul 16, 2012
- Thousands reach Kashmir base camps for Amarnath Yatra (Second Lead) - Jun 28, 2011
- Chopper fares slashed for Amarnath pilgrims - Apr 04, 2012
- Unregistered Amarnath pilgrims cause chaos - Jun 28, 2012
- 'Amarnath yatra duration as per religious tradition' - Apr 15, 2012
- Bad weather halts Amarnath pilgrimage (Second Lead) - Jul 03, 2011
- 18,000 pilgrims proceed towards Amarnath cave shrine - Jun 30, 2011
- Heavy rains halt Amarnath pilgrimage - Jul 08, 2011