Hearing against Dera chief deferred till March 8February 23rd, 2008 - 8:50 pm ICT by admin
Ambala, Feb 23 (ANI): Special Judge R K Saini exempted Dera Sacha Sauda chief, Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh, from personal appearance and deferred the hearing for March 8.
Gurmeet Ram Rahim did not appear in CBI court due to illness in Ambala on Saturday for the hearing of three criminal cases against him and others.
His counsel Surya Prakash filed an application in the court in which he requested to grant exemption from personal appearance to Dera chief for today, as he is not well.
The counsel of CBI and DSP CBI Satish Dagar were also present in the court. The arguments on framing charges against Dera chief could not begin even on Saturday.
It is to be mentioned that the CBI had filed three challans against Dera chief and six others in former Dera manager Ranjit Singh murder case, Journalist Ramchander Chatrapati murder case and sexual exploitation of the sadhvies of Dera.
The police administration was aware of it that Dera chief was not appearing in the court on Saturday. No security arrangements were made in the court premises like earlier. However, hundred of devotees of Dera reached in the city to have a look of their ‘guru’. (ANI)
- Day-to-day hearing of Dera chief's rape case - Sep 28, 2011
- CBI court directs Sacha Sauda chief to appear in person - May 21, 2011
- Hearing in Dera chief''s case today - Aug 23, 2008
- Dera case: Court rejects police cancellation report - Apr 03, 2012
- CBI court's clean chit to Dera chief in murder case - Dec 24, 2010
- Security tight in Haryana following Sikh sect protest - Feb 28, 2010
- Punjab turns violent as Dera sect followers torch vehicles, properties - Feb 28, 2010
- Security tightened in Punjab following Dera Sacha Sauda protest - Mar 01, 2010
- Sacha Sauda followers go on rampage in Punjab, Haryana - Feb 27, 2010
- Sacha Sauda chief appears before court through video-conferencing - Jun 06, 2009
- Dera chief fails to appear in sex case hearing - Aug 23, 2008
- Curfew imposed in Punjab town after clashes - Jan 02, 2011
- Bus torched in Haryana, uneasy calm prevails - Mar 01, 2010
- Over 50 people detained for Punjab, Haryana violence - Feb 28, 2010
- Punjab, Haryana inching towards normalcy after violence (Second lead) - Feb 28, 2010
Tags: ambala, cbi court, challans, court premises, dagar, devotees, dsp, gurmeet ram rahim, guru, journalist, murder case, personal appearance, police administration, ram rahim singh, satish, security arrangements, sexual exploitation, special judge