Health services affected in Jammu after 500 junior doctors quitOctober 10th, 2009 - 11:37 pm ICT by IANS
Jammu, Oct 10 (IANS) Health services across the Jammu region were hit Saturday after more than 500 junior doctors working in various hospitals submitted their resignation letters protesting the government’s “indifference” to their demands.
However, the immediate provocation was the government’s step to dismiss from service a dozen leaders of the junior doctors spearheading the agitation for better pay and working conditions.
Doctors led by Surinder Sharma, the doctors submitted their letters of resignation to Jammu Government Medical College principal Rajinder Singh.
Following the resignations, health and medicare services all over the region have come to a halt and patients have started returning to their homes in absence of doctors in the hospitals.
Medical Education Minister R.S. Chib said that the action of the junior doctors was “unfortunate”.
“They should have taken into consideration the difficulties of the patients, and waited for the government’s response to their demands,” he told reporters, adding the government was “seriously considering” the demands of doctors and was likely to take a decision by this month-end.
- Probe ordered into Kashmiri kids' deaths - May 16, 2012
- Medical services hit as junior doctors in Andhra intensify stir - Sep 03, 2012
- Junior doctors' strike continues in Andhra - Feb 12, 2012
- Five mental clinics to come up in Jammu region - Jul 02, 2012
- Junior doctors end 14-day strike in Bihar - Jun 28, 2012
- AIIMS, Safdurjung hospitals unaffected by power crisis - Jul 31, 2012
- Kashmir hospital chief removed over 368 kids' deaths (Lead) - May 18, 2012
- Junior doctors call off strike in Andhra - Feb 15, 2012
- Bihar junior doctors on strike, legislator's guards held (Lead) - Jan 31, 2011
- Eight die as emergency services crippled in Andhra hospitals - Feb 11, 2012
- 10 die as emergency services crippled in Andhra hospitals (Lead) - Feb 11, 2012
- Lahore doctors' strike continues - Jun 23, 2012
- Doctors' strike continues in Bihar - Feb 01, 2011
- People in Drass demand basic healthcare facilities in hospitals - Aug 01, 2010
- 18 affordable health kiosks set up in Bangalore - Aug 05, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,