Head of NIGEC says three major gas projects will be completed by 2014October 20th, 2008 - 10:52 am ICT by ANI
Nicosia, Oct 20 (ANI): Reza Kasaizadeh, the new Head of the National Iranian Gas Export Company (NIGEC), has said that Irans three major gas projects - the Iran LNG, the Pars LNG and the Persian LNG - will be completed by the end of 2014.
Speaking before the Second International Conference on Iranian Gas Exports held in Tehran on October 5 in the presence of about 100 delegates, Kasaizadeh said that the first project to be completed by 2012 would be the Iran LNG project. This liquefied natural gas project is financed exclusively with Iranian capital and is expected to have an initial production capacity of 5.1 million tons of gas a year.
The second project- the Pars LNG project- to be carried out by French Total and Malaysias Petronas is expected to produce 10 million tons of gas a year.
Kasaizadeh said that the two companies had already completed the front-end engineering design.
The third project is the Persian LNG project, which is being developed as a joint venture between Shell, Repsol and the National Iranian Oil Company. Its capacity is expected to reach 16 million tons a year.
The Second International Conference on Iranian Gas Exports gave delegates a picture of the world gas markets and of Irans gas export opportunities. French Total, Royal-Dutch Shell, English BP, Chinese Sinopec and Austrian OMV were among the companies represented at the Conference. (ANI)
- Iran to export natural gas to India, Oman - Sep 25, 2011
- Iran warns foreign firms over delays in South Pars gas field developments - Apr 11, 2009
- Chinese-Spanish venture makes oil find in Brazil - Feb 28, 2012
- Iran finds major helium reserve - Oct 01, 2011
- Petronet's Kochi LNG terminal to start in two months - Aug 23, 2012
- Ukraine firm to invest $1 bn in Iranian oil fields - Dec 26, 2011
- Iran finds new gas field - Aug 09, 2011
- India, Qatar deepen energy ties, seek to promote investments (News Analysis) - Apr 13, 2012
- Iran asks ONGC-Hinduja to make up mind on Pars gas field - Nov 01, 2010
- ONGC to develop gas fields in Iran - Dec 02, 2009
- Iran, Russia ink oil deal - Dec 19, 2011
- Shell to build world's largest, heaviest oil rig - May 22, 2011
- Petronet LNG to soon finalise investment in power sector - Sep 08, 2011
- India, Qatar sign oil pact, discuss Indians' welfare (Lead) - Apr 09, 2012
- Pak-Iran gas pipeline project intact despite US sanctions, says envoy - Aug 16, 2010
Tags: export company, front end engineering design, gas exports, gas markets, gas projects, initial production capacity, iranian capital, iranian oil company, liquefied natural gas, lng project, national iranian oil, national iranian oil company, nigec, omv, pars, petronas, repsol, reza, royal dutch shell, sinopec