He enjoys playing with electric current!November 14th, 2007 - 8:06 am ICT by admin
Believe it or not, Saroj Kumar of Parankha Village in Uttar Pradesh’s Hardoi District can touch an electric heater with bare hands and still remain safe and sound. The 29-year-old has an unusual immunity to electric current.
“Once I held two wires while playing but the current did not pass through my body. From that day onwards, I have found that I do not feel the current. Officials from the electricity board have come and seen me sustaining current up to 220 volts,” says Saroj Kumar.
Saroj’s friends and neighbours say that he loves playing with electrical equipments, as he is known for his passion for electricity wires, including high tension wires.
According to Saroj’s relatives, he started his antics when power was first supplied to this village.
“He climbs any electric pole and will hold the wire without feeling its running current. We have asked him not to do it but he is confident that he would always be safe,” said Ramesh Kumar, Saroj’s maternal uncle.
Saroj is now a local hero of sorts and, perhaps, rightly called an “Electricity Man”. (ANI)
- 'Power-packed' jeans: Wear them and fear not pickpockets - Jul 16, 2010
- Seven electrocuted to death in Jharkhand - Apr 13, 2012
- Racold Thermo eyes Rs.150 crore market - Jun 20, 2012
- Akhilesh set to take over, promises a new UP (Roundup) - Mar 10, 2012
- Electrician killed in freak accident - Jul 28, 2009
- Student dies as school wall collapses - Dec 21, 2010
- Three wild tuskers electrocuted near Dudhwa sanctuary - Jul 08, 2011
- Fiza Mohammed found (Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- CPI-M leader questions Nandigram accused's induction - Mar 20, 2012
- Man kills niece for prosperity - Aug 10, 2010
- Student shoots himself after parents' scolding - Mar 28, 2011
- Three die in Uttar Pradesh gas leak, factory owner booked (Second Lead) - Jan 29, 2011
- Lack of facilities hinders primary education in Azamgarh (With Images) - Mar 10, 2012
- Power company employee electrocuted - Jan 21, 2011
- Three die of gas leak in Uttar Pradesh - Jan 29, 2011
Tags: electric current, electric switch, electrical equipments, electricity board, friends and neighbours, high tension wires, local hero, lucknow, maternal uncle, ramesh kumar, safe and sound, saroj, uttar pradesh