Haryana: Widow molestation case victim goes missingJune 11th, 2010 - 2:05 pm ICT by ANI
Yamunanagar (Haryana), June 11(ANI): The complainant in the molestation case registered against former Haryana Inspector General of Police (IGP) M S Ahlawat went missing from her house in Brijpuri colony here on late Thursday evening.
The disappearance of Arvinder Kaur, who is also the complainant, comes close on the heels of her threatening to end life if Ahlawat was not arrested.
Confirming that Kaur had indeed disappeared from her house, Yamunanagar Superintendent of Police (SP) Sivas Kaviraj said she had gone on her own accord and the police are trying to locate her.
The victim’s father, Jagjeet Singh, told the police that he found her missing when he returned home from the market at about 7 pm.
Singh also said when he asked his wife about Arvinder Kaur, she was taken aback at not finding her home.
Three police personnel -two women and a man - were on duty at Kaur’s house.
It is said that when she left, they accompanied her.
Meanwhile, Jagjit Singh, has lodged a complaint with Yamunanagar Police last night.
In the complaint, Jagjit Singh, has said three police personnel, including two women constables, who were posted at the house for Kaur’s protection, say they were unaware of her whereabouts.
On Thursday, Ahlawat had moved a local court for anticipatory bail after he was booked for allegedly molesting and intimidating the woman lawyer eight years back.
On Tuesday Yamunanagar Police registered a molestation complaint against Ahlawat under various sections of the Indian Penal Code (IPC).
The state Police has formed a Special Investigation Team (SIT) to conduct the probe.
Ahlawat has been booked under Sections 354 (criminal force on woman with intent to outrage modesty), 323 (assault with intent to voluntarily cause hurt) and 506 (criminal intimidation) of the IPC in the case.
The victim had recently met Haryana DGP Ranjiv Singh Dalal at Panchkula.
She claimed to have come into contact with Ahlawat when she had approached the Yamunanagar police in May 2002, to lodge a case of dowry harassment against her husband.
The victim alleged that Ahlawat had insisted on meeting her in his camp office and allegedly tried to establish illicit relations with her. (ANI)
- Haryana ex-cop gets shield against arrest till July 13 (Lead) - Jun 22, 2010
- Haryana ex-top cop goes underground - Jun 17, 2010
- Haryana ex-top cop's anticipatory bail plea rejected - Jun 16, 2010
- Police clueless about Haryana ex-top cop's whereabouts - Jun 19, 2010
- Interim bail for Haryana ex-cop accused of molestation - Jun 22, 2010
- Hearing on Haryana cop's anticipatory bail plea adjourned - Jun 14, 2010
- Another Haryana top cop charged with molestation - Jun 09, 2010
- Haryana ex-top cop seeks bail in molestation case - Jun 10, 2010
- UP lawmaker's son held for thrashing Russian woman (Lead) - Mar 05, 2012
- Warden booked for sodomising mentally disabled in Haryana - Jul 02, 2012
- Shelter home exploitation: cop held for destroying evidence - Jul 06, 2012
- Doctor molests minor during check-up, held - Nov 29, 2011
- Assaulted Russian woman fears for life - Mar 03, 2012
- NGO worker, son-in-law arrested for assaulting protection home inmates (Lead) - May 10, 2012
- Probe into abuse by Haryana cops in women's shelter (Lead) - Jun 06, 2012
Tags: assault with intent, complainant, constables, criminal intimidation, dalal, disappearance, indian penal code, inspector general, investigation team, jagjeet singh, kaur, local court, modesty, own accord, panchkula, sivas, state police, superintendent, two women, woman lawyer