Haryana police learns etiquette to get people savvyNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:31 am ICT by admin
Infamous for being rowdy and unfriendly, the policemen are getting a crash course in being polite to the public.
Police officials, especially those who attend calls at the control room and at police stations, are being trained to respond rationally to people in distress.
Mahendra Lal, Commissioner of Police, Gurgaon, said the programme is aimed at making policemen people savvy.
“This is basically behavioural training that we are imparting to our employees. We are targeting the officers in the control room and the police stations. This will help people in changing their attitude towards us and will help them treat us as their friends,” Lal said.
Ved Pal, a policeman undergoing training, said that it would help them be more efficient and to work better.
“This training is good and I am sure it will help us a lot. There are many basic things that we tend to forget. This training will re-acquaint us with those,” he said.
At present, around a 100 policemen and police women in batches of 20 are attending lessons at WNS Global Services in Gurgaon.
The police force has been under an image overhaul in recent years following the introduction of fitness and attitude training programmes besides morale boosting sessions for its often overworked cardres. (ANI)
- Exclusive autos for women in Gurgaon - Dec 16, 2010
- Prison van attacked in Haryana, three dead - Mar 10, 2012
- Cyber crime detection camp for Gurgaon cops - Jun 20, 2012
- A Bollywood-style lesson for capital's cab drivers (Feature) - May 25, 2012
- Canines get ready to sniff out trouble at Games (With Images) - Aug 10, 2010
- Why people get 'unfriended' on Facebook - Oct 06, 2010
- Man involved in 300 car thefts held -- again (Lead) - Jan 16, 2012
- Haryana farmers torch police station - Jul 22, 2012
- Haryana vows to improve facilities in cities - Sep 13, 2012
- CRPF trooper dies in accidental blast - Mar 22, 2012
- Haryana to recruit 11,000 constables - Sep 10, 2012
- 'Police did not intervene in July 18 violence' - Jul 31, 2012
- Infamous car thief again escapes arrest - Oct 17, 2011
- Assailants ambush police van, three prisoners killed (Lead) - Mar 11, 2012
- Illegal colonies in Gurgaon to be regularised - Feb 06, 2011
Tags: acquaint, attitude, being polite, business process outsourcing, commissioner of police, crash course, gurgaon, haryana, image overhaul, lal, mahendra, police force, police officials, police stations, police women, policemen, private public, public initiative, public police, wns global services