Haryana Govt registers abetment of suicide FIR against RathoreJanuary 5th, 2010 - 1:09 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Jan 5 (ANI): Haryana Police on Tuesday registered an FIR against former Director General of Police (DGP) SPS Rathore under Section 306 in the Ruchika Girhotra suicide case.
The Haryana police has filed the FIR four days after Ruchika’s brother filed complaint with the cops for abetment of suicide against Rathore.
Abetment to suicide, if proven, carries a punishment of up to 10 years in jail and is a non-bailable offence.
This is the third FIR in the Ruchika suicide case.
Ruchika’s family lawyer Pankaj Bharadwaj had filed two FIRs against Rathore earlier.The lawyer had claimed that the first FIR was filed for forging documents like the inquest report and the other for illegal detention of Ruchika’s brother Ashu, who was kept in illegal detention at the behest of Rathore and given tortures.
Rathore had molested 14-year-old Ruchika Girhotra in August 1990. After months of harassment for her and her family, including her being expelled from school, Ruchika committed suicide three years later in December 1993.
Rathore was then an Inspector General of Police and the head of the Haryana Lawn Tennis Federation. (ANI)
- Ruchika case: Court dismisses Rathore's bail petition - Jan 08, 2010
- Ruchika case: Rathore's bail extended till February 8 - Jan 13, 2010
- Ruchika case: SPS Rathore to lose his police medal (update) - Jan 04, 2010
- Court to pronounce verdict in Ruchika molestation case today - May 20, 2010
- Ruchika case: Court serves notice to Centre, Haryana and Rathore - Jan 07, 2010
- Ruchika case hearing adjourned till April 5 - Feb 15, 2010
- Unidentified assailant punched and stabbed Rathore, is arrested - Feb 08, 2010
- Ruchika case: High Court grants interim bail to Rathore - Jan 25, 2010
- SPS Rathore to move High Court for bail - Jan 11, 2010
- Ruchika case: CBI to question Rathore - Jan 22, 2010
- Ruchika case proceedings to be heard in-camera - Feb 08, 2010
- Ruchika case: High Court to hear Rathore's bail plea - Jan 18, 2010
- Ruchika case hearing adjourned till April 15 - Mar 10, 2010
- Ruchika case: Rathore's bail plea extended till January 25 - Jan 18, 2010
- Ruchika case: Rathore's bail hearing today - Jan 12, 2010
Tags: abetment, ashu, bailable, behest, committed suicide, cops, family lawyer, fir, firs, harassment, haryana police, illegal detention, inquest report, lawn tennis, New Delhi, rathore, ruchika, suicide case, tennis federation, tortures