Haryana govt. recommends CBI probe into ACP Rajbirs murder caseMarch 28th, 2008 - 4:24 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, Mar 28 (ANI): The Haryana Government on Friday recommended a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) probe into the alleged killing of Delhi Assistant Commissioner of Police (ACP) and encounter specialist Rajbir Singh.
The move comes shortly after Rajbirs wife Narmada demanded a probe by the Central investigation agency in view of the complex nature of the case.
Earlier today, Narmada claimed that the alleged murderer and property dealer, Vijay Bhardwaj, was innocent suspecting the involvement of some other people.
Speaking to reporters, Narmada said that her husband was a top ranking officer of the Delhi Police, so it is not possible for a mere property dealer to kill him.
She even raised questions over the initial handling of the case by the Delhi Police, accusing it of changing its stance on the issue almost everyday.
Meanwhile, investigators have found that the revolver recovered from the scene of the killing of Rajbir was manufactured illegally.
This has given a new dimension to the investigation since Bhardwaj had claimed that the slain ACP gave the weapon to him three days before his murder. (ANI)
- ACP Rajbirs wife says Vijay Bhardwaj is innocent - Mar 28, 2008
- Gangster Munna Bajrangi suspected behind ACP Rajbir's murder held (Lead) - Oct 29, 2009
- Supreme Court orders CBI probe in Gujarat Prajapati encounter case - Apr 08, 2011
- Suspect behind ACP Rajbir's murder arrested in Mumbai - Oct 29, 2009
- 'Property, love, depression behind shooting spree' - Sep 08, 2012
- Gujarat, Rajasthan cops slapped with Prajapati murder case - Apr 29, 2011
- SC rejects Gujarat's plea to review Prajapati shootout order - Jul 13, 2012
- Delhi shooting: Second assailant dies - Sep 11, 2012
- CBI gets another month to probe Prajapati killing - Jun 07, 2012
- Anurag Kashyap helps Nana with cop role in 'Shagird' (With Images) - May 04, 2011
- Haryana STF chief sent in police remand or extortion - Mar 17, 2010
- CBI to probe Rajbir's murder - Apr 07, 2008
- SC gives CBI two weeks' extension in Prajapati case (Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
- Property dealer held for constable's murder - Oct 05, 2011
- Delhi staged shootout: Rs.15 lakh for victims' families - Jul 04, 2011
Tags: assistant commissioner, cbi probe, central bureau of investigation, central investigation agency, commissioner of police, delhi police, encounter, haryana government, investigators, murder case, murderer, New Delhi, new dimension, revolver