Harbhajan and Mona Singh summoned by Chandigarh CourtFebruary 5th, 2009 - 6:59 pm ICT by ANI
Chandigarh, Feb 5 (ANI): A local court has issued summons to Indian cricketer Harbhajan Singh and television actress Mona Singh on Thursday on the accusation of deliberately hurting religious sentiments.
The complaint was filed in October 2008 by lawyer Arvind Thakur and members of local unit of Vishwa Hindu Parisad (VHP) under sections 298 (doing actions with a deliberate intent to wound the religious feelings of any person) and 120-B (criminal conspiracy) of Indian Penal Code.
The dispute started after the duo performed dance on a Hindi film song in the show- Ek Khiladi Ek Hasina aired on the channel Colors.
Last year, Harbhajan Singh had apologised the complainants to end the controversy. However, Thakur denied to accept Singh’’s apology saying that Harbhajan was asked to submit a written apology in the court but he failed to do so and that’’s why they didn”t withdraw the complaint against him.
Another civil suit demanding permanent restraint on both the celebrities and the channel Colors from showing, acting or directing any similar kind of a show is still pending in the court. (ANI)
- NGO to appeal against court's clean chit to Harbhajan - Sep 02, 2009
- Harbhajan served court summons in Chandigarh - Nov 02, 2009
- TV actress Mona Singh chased with summons in Chandigarh - Sep 16, 2009
- Harbhajan, Mona Singh get court summons for 'Ravana-Sita' dance - Feb 05, 2009
- Court admits complaint against Harbhajan-Mona 'Ravana-Sita' dance - Oct 10, 2008
- Court summons programme director of Colors TV channel - Oct 13, 2008
- Harbhajan apologizes for 'Ravan-Sita' dance - Oct 20, 2008
- COLORS launches India''s first cricket-format show ''Ek Khiladi Ek Hassena'' - Sep 17, 2008
- Shocking facts made Varun accept 'Phir Subah Hogi' - Apr 10, 2012
- Vishwa Hindu Parishad protests order to demolish 39 temples in Ranchi - Aug 29, 2010
- VHP protests move to demolish Ranchi temples (Lead) - Aug 27, 2010
- Akshay Kumar to sing for 'Khatron Ke Khiladi 4' - May 09, 2011
- After Rahul, will it be Yuvraj ka Swayamvar? - Mar 13, 2010
- Case likely against Pak starlet Veena Malik for drinking and dancing with Indian star - Jan 18, 2011
- Harbhajan-Mona Singh's 'Ravana-Sita' dance upsets Sikh clergy - Oct 08, 2008
Tags: accusation, apology, arvind, civil suit, criminal conspiracy, deliberate intent, harbhajan singh, hindi film song, indian cricketer, indian penal code, local court, mona singh, parisad, religious feelings, religious sentiments, summons, television actress, thakur, vhp, vishwa