Handlers of Mumbai attack in Pakistan, says MukherjeeDecember 11th, 2008 - 5:42 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Dec.11 (ANI): Squarely laying the blame for last months terror attacks in Mumbai at Pakistans doorstep, External Affairs Minister Pranab Mukherjee told Parliament on Thursday that, non state actors didnt come from the heaven and the controllers and handlers of 26/11 were in the neighboring country at the time of incident.
Well tackle terror with patience, but nobody dare attack us .We will not be provoked into war, people expect India to act to protect itself. War is not a solution, he said.
Labeling terrorism a global headache Mukherjee said that, a message should go to the world that this is a war.
Promoting hysteria about India attacking Pakistan and the hoax call that suggested that he had called Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari and threatened him with war would not solve the problem.
This is a problem where adequate international pressure has to be built-up, he added.
Urging the international community to join hands with India on the issue, Mukherjee said that India is in talks with all countries affected by terrorism. A campaign against the menace is being created, he added.
This is not an issue of Jammu and Kashmir, but of the world fraternity. Terrorism is not only linked to Jammu and Kashmir, he said.
Raising the issue of Indias most wanted criminals, Mukherjee said that, We have handed over a list of forty persons to Pakistan,not one or 20, but they denied handing them over to India.
We have been continuously demanding Dawood, but they dont want to solve the problem, he said.
Terming Paks act of arresting Jamat-ud-dawas Masood Azhar as mere eye-wash Mukherjee said, Masood Azhar is not in police custody or in judicial custody and Lashkar-e-Taibas Hafiz Saeed is still at large.
In Pakistan things, are never like they are seen .Elements inside Pakistan have created the Taliban in 1980, Mukherjee said , quoting lines from a book written by former Pakistan Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto.
He also said that the United Nation Security Councils (UNSC) ban on the Jamat-ud-dawa puts a stamp on Indias view that it is a terrorist outfit.
Accepting responsibility for the attack, Mukherjee termed the incident as intelligence failure. He confirmed that reports were shared with the Indian Coast-Guards.
Addressing the people of Pakistan, he said: Democracy should be maintained in Pakistan, and it is up to the people of Pakistan to look into it, and not us.
As far as the financing of terrorists was concerned, he said: We want dismantling of terror infrastructure. We urge Pakistan to please act.
Earlier, replying to Home Minister P.Chidambarams address,former Deputy Prime Minister and Leader of Opposition L.K.Advani said his party would support steps taken by the Government to tackle the menace.
Advani termed Pakistan as the epicenter of 26/11.
“The Home Minister has talked of taking hard decisions. Whatever steps you take which would help win the war on terror, my party and the NDA will support them, he said.
Addressing the people of India, Advani urged people not to loose courage.
We should not lose courage and continue our fight against the menace of terror, he said.
The Leader of the Opposition expressed satisfaction that the House will be adopting a resolution that would send the signal that the entire country was united in the fight against terror and there are no differences on the lines of any caste and creed.
Advani said his party supports the Government on the floor of the house if it brings a harsh law to curb terror. (ANI)
- India counters Pakistan, says enough info against Hafiz Saeed - Nov 11, 2011
- Masood Azhar back in business, says Pakistani paper - Sep 07, 2011
- Hafiz supporters rant against India - Apr 07, 2012
- UPA's Pakistan policy in shambles: Advani - Jul 25, 2010
- Pakistan should stop terror to build confidence: Krishna - Aug 12, 2010
- Talks with Pakistan substantive, says Chidambaram - Jun 30, 2010
- Hafiz Saeed barred from leaving Pakistan - Jul 06, 2010
- US move on Lashkar-e-Toiba: Better late than never (Comment) - Apr 03, 2012
- Farooq Abdullah says India has never stopped flow of water to Pakistan - Mar 09, 2010
- Reset Pakistan policy to check terror syndicate: Former CIA analyst - Dec 28, 2011
- India presses Pakistan for speedy 26/11 justice, says enough evidence - Nov 26, 2011
- Pakistan's dealing with Hafiz Saeed's case is unsatisfactory: Makan - Sep 22, 2009
- Hafiz Saeed accuses India of imposing war on Pak by building dams - Mar 08, 2010
- Pakistan formally seeks extradition of Kasab, Ansari - Apr 25, 2010
- Pakistan says Kasab should be hanged, but hedges on Hafiz Saeed - Nov 10, 2011
Tags: asif ali zardari, azhar, benazir bhutto, dawood, doorstep, external affairs minister, external affairs minister pranab mukherjee, eye wash, global headache, hafiz, hysteria, jammu and kashmir, judicial custody, kashmir, mumbai terror attack, police custody, pranab mukherjee, saeed, state actors, terror attacks, wanted criminals