Hamilton warned to keep calm over fear of killing someone on racetrackOctober 17th, 2008 - 2:30 pm ICT by ANI
London, Oct 17 (ANI): British Formula One racing driver Lewis Hamilton has been warned to keep a calm on the track or he could kill someone.
Hamilton will get a rollocking from fellow drivers at their meeting in Shanghai this afternoon.
His rivals are furious over his first-corner antics in Japan last Sunday.
Red Bulls Mark Webber fears a repeat of Italy in 2000, when a marshal was killed following a multi-car pile-up, unless Hamilton is more careful.
Webber said: The first corner in Fuji was pretty wild. Lewis was having a crack but if someone was sitting on his right rear when he pulled out there, then that was a crash.
You cannot move around in the braking area like that. We lost a marshal at Monza when there were guys moving around in the braking areas. I am not smashing Hamilton but it is about how you move on. Tiger Woods learns, Roger Federer learns and Lewis is going through that, The Sun quoted Hamilton, as saying.
McLaren star Hamilton, desperate to win this Sundays Chinese Grand Prix, was penalised for forcing Kimi Raikkonen off the track in Fuji.
He is also under fire for his over-taking moves on several drivers at Monza last month.
Monza was tough for him for what he did to me, to Timo Glock and to Fernando Alonso, Webber said. (ANI)
- German GP: Alonso zooms to second straight pole - Jul 21, 2012
- Button wins in chaotic Belgian GP - Sep 02, 2012
- Vettel wins Bahrain GP, Force India's Di Resta finishes sixth - Apr 23, 2012
- Domineering Hamilton wins Hungarian GP - Jul 29, 2012
- Untouchable Vettel wins Indian GP - Oct 30, 2011
- Webber natches British Grand Prix win from Alonso - Jul 08, 2012
- Chinese GP: Rosberg takes maiden F1 pole, Force India out of top-10 - Apr 14, 2012
- German GP: Alonso cruises to season's third win - Jul 22, 2012
- Hamilton charges to pole in Hungarian GP - Jul 28, 2012
- Hamilton wins Hungarian GP as Webber closes gap on Button (Lead) - Jul 26, 2009
- Force India's Hulkenberg finishes fourth in Belgium - Sep 02, 2012
- Vettel takes pole, di Resta 10th in Bahrain - Apr 21, 2012
- New venues invariably slotted at end - Oct 25, 2011
- Button wins Australian GP, Force India's Di Resta gets a point - Mar 18, 2012
- Canadian GP: Hamilton 7th different winner in 2012 - Jun 11, 2012
Tags: antics, car pile, fellow drivers, fernando alonso, formula one racing, fuji, glock, grand prix, kimi raikkonen, last sunday, lewis hamilton, mark webber, marshal, monza, racetrack, red bulls, rivals, roger federer, shanghai, tiger woods