Hamilton vows to make Ferrari sufferSeptember 13th, 2008 - 2:34 pm ICT by ANI
London, Sept.13 (ANI): Having been denied the Belgian Grand Prix title for allegedly fouling Ferraris Finnish racing ace Kimi Raikonnen, British Formula One ace Lewis Hamilton has vowed to make Ferrari pay at their Monza playground tomorrow.
I think it would be awesome to beat Ferrari here. Last year they beat us at Silverstone and at the Nurburgring but then we came here and won with Fernando Alonso. I was second. It would be great to win here again. I think we are in a superb position and it would be a hard knock for them. We have been pushing them for the last five races or so and, I guess, it will be the same for the whole season, The Sun quoted Hamilton, 23, as saying.
The British ace reckons it would be awesome if he ended a week of controversy by beating his title rivals in their own backyard.
His McLaren-Mercedes team were told last night that their appeal into Hamilton being stripped of victory in Belgium last Sunday will be heard in Paris in the week beginning Monday.
Hamilton leads Ferraris Felipe Massa by two points in the drivers championship, though it would have been eight but for the controversial 25-second Spa time penalty for cutting a chicane that saw him demoted from first to third.
BMWs Robert Kubica is third, 16 points behind, with reigning champion Kimi Raikkonen another point further back.
Yet Hamilton is refusing to rule out Raikkonen as a title threat, after seeing his Ferrari rival rip the drivers crown from his grasp in 2007.
I cant say Kimi is out of it, as he was leading the last race for a long time. He has lost quite a lot of points and it is going to be tough for him to catch up. But you saw last year that he was 17 points behind and still came back, said Hamilton. (ANI)
- Hamilton surprised by Monza pole - Sep 09, 2012
- Alonso is toughest rival, says Massa - Sep 14, 2012
- McLaren lock front row in Italy - Sep 08, 2012
- Hamilton still not ready to accept defeat - Oct 14, 2010
- Hamilton glides to Monza victory - Sep 09, 2012
- Domineering Hamilton wins Hungarian GP - Jul 29, 2012
- New venues invariably slotted at end - Oct 25, 2011
- Canadian GP: Hamilton 7th different winner in 2012 - Jun 11, 2012
- Hamilton re-ignites feud with former teammate Alonso - Jan 11, 2010
- Webber natches British Grand Prix win from Alonso - Jul 08, 2012
- Force India's Fisichella makes history, Raikkonen wins - Aug 30, 2009
- Ferrari's Alonso wins Italian GP - Sep 13, 2010
- Force India's Hulkenberg finishes fourth in Belgium - Sep 02, 2012
- German GP: Alonso cruises to season's third win - Jul 22, 2012
- Red Bull will be open to approach from Hamilton in 2012: Horner - Mar 22, 2011
Tags: belgian grand prix, bmws, chicane, drivers championship, felipe massa, fernando alonso, formula one, grasp, kimi raikkonen, last sunday, lewis hamilton, mclaren mercedes, mercedes team, nurburgring, own backyard, playground tomorrow, rivals, robert kubica, silverstone, time penalty