Hamilton accuses Massa of trying to ram him off trackOctober 13th, 2008 - 12:49 pm ICT by ANI
Tokyo, Oct.13 (ANI): A furious Lewis Hamilton has accused Brazilian rival Felipe Massa of trying to ram him off the track in the Japan Grand Prix at Fuji. According to The Sun, Hamilton and Massa clashed as Hamiltons F1 championship lead over the Brazilian was cut to just five points with two races left. The McLaren ace came 12th after being smacked sideways by Massa on lap two.
Hamilton was quoted as saying: I went up the inside because Felipe braked late and gave me the advantage. I took the corner as normally as always and left room but he hit me pretty hard. He came back very aggressive and hit me. I think it was pretty much as deliberate as can be.
Massa got a drive-through penalty for the incident. But Hamilton was angry that he got the same punishment for his first-corner cock-up which forced Kimi Raikkonen off the road.
Hamilton fumed: I got penalised exactly the same as Massa. I didnt hit anyone or cause any danger. I dont understand.
The duo will renew hostilities in China on Sunday but BMWs Robert Kubica is also back in the title fight after second place behind Renaults Fernando Alonso took him to within 12 points of Hamilton. (ANI)
- Alonso is toughest rival, says Massa - Sep 14, 2012
- Button wins in chaotic Belgian GP - Sep 02, 2012
- Massa, Hamilton again collide - Oct 30, 2011
- Hamilton glides to Monza victory - Sep 09, 2012
- Domineering Hamilton wins Hungarian GP - Jul 29, 2012
- Disaster for Hamilton as Alonso wins Japanese GP - Oct 12, 2008
- Untouchable Vettel wins Indian GP - Oct 30, 2011
- Canadian GP: Hamilton 7th different winner in 2012 - Jun 11, 2012
- Hamilton takes pole, Force India out of top ten - May 12, 2012
- Hamilton surprised by Monza pole - Sep 09, 2012
- McLaren lock front row in Italy - Sep 08, 2012
- Button wins Australian GP, Force India's Di Resta gets a point - Mar 18, 2012
- Alonso leads home Ferrari 1-2 at Hockenheim - Jul 25, 2010
- Ferrari's Alonso takes F1 lead with Korean Grand Prix victory - Oct 24, 2010
- Hamilton-Massa embrace each other as F1 season ends - Nov 28, 2011
Tags: ace, bmws, china on sunday, cock, f1 championship, felipe massa, fernando alonso, five points, fuji, grand prix, hostilities, japan, kimi raikkonen, lewis hamilton, renaults, robert kubica, sun, title fight, tokyo