Hamid Ansari seeks Kuwait’s help to tackle terrorismApril 6th, 2009 - 9:30 pm ICT by ANI
Kuwait City, Apr 6 (ANI): Vice President Hamid Ansari on Monday sought the support of Kuwait in forging a common, comprehensive approach to deal with terrorism.
“Terrorism is an international plague and it has to be fought at the international level,” Ansari told reporters onboard his aircraft.
On a three-day visit to the Gulf state, Ansari favoured greater economic cooperation with the oil-rich Gulf country, especially in energy and petrochemical sector.
“Kuwait contributes to our energy security as it provides 12 per cent of our crude oil imports. Our bilateral trade has touched eight billion dollars. So economically and politically we have harmonious ties with no problem areas,” he added.
Ansari said the terrorism was a common concern of all countries.
“India was among the first countries to call for a common comprehensive anti-terror approach and slowly but surely other countries have seen the logic in it,” he added.
During his visit, the Vice-President will meet Kuwaiti Amir Shiekh Sabah, Crown Prince Sheikh Nawaf besides holding talks with Kuwaiti Ministers of Defence, Foreign, Oil and Finance. He will also interact with Kuwaiti industry leaders.
The two sides are also likely to sign two agreements on cooperation in the field of science and technology, and educational exchanges.
It is the first high-level visit by an Indian leader after the visit of Emir of Kuwait to India in June 2006. (ANI)
- India for more anti-terror cooperation with Gulf - Apr 06, 2009
- Half of Kuwait cabinet turns up to receive vice president Ansari - Apr 06, 2009
- Vice President Ansari concludes Kuwait visit - Apr 08, 2009
- With economy on mind, Ansari to visit Kuwait - Apr 05, 2009
- India to draw up action plan to boost trade with Kuwait - Mar 06, 2011
- Ansari welcomes investment by Kuwait in petroleum sector - Apr 07, 2009
- Krishna heads to Kuwait; Indo-Arab conclave in Delhi - Feb 01, 2010
- Kuwait's deputy PM quits - Oct 19, 2011
- India seeks Kuwaiti funds in infrastructure, signs three pacts (Lead) - Apr 07, 2009
- Recession-hit India to tap Kuwait for investment - Apr 02, 2009
- Krishna calls on Kuwait's Deputy Prime Minister - Feb 26, 2011
- Vice President Ansari to leave for three-day visit to Kuwait today - Apr 06, 2009
- Vice President Ansari leaves for Kuwait - Apr 06, 2009
- India seeks Kuwaiti funds, signs three pacts - Apr 07, 2009
- Vice President Ansari to leave for 3-day visit to Kuwait - Apr 02, 2009
Tags: ansari, bilateral trade, billion dollars, crown prince, crude oil imports, economic cooperation, educational exchanges, emir of kuwait, energy security, indian leader, industry leaders, kuwait city, kuwaiti amir, nawaf, petrochemical, plague, problem areas, sabah, science and technology, sheikh