Gwalior kids skate to motivate people to save waterJune 1st, 2009 - 5:16 pm ICT by ANI
Gwalior, June 1 (ANI): In a bid to motivate people to save water, children skated down the streets of Gwalior city on Sunday as part of an awareness rally on the water conservation.
Participating in a rally organized by ‘Bhartiya Mudra Children club and Play and Enjoy Group’, the tiny tots presented quite a spectacle.
Starting from ‘Maharaj Bada’, the rally was flagged off by Mayor Vivek Narain Shejwalkar.
Around 100 kids in the age group of 3 to 15 years participated in the rally, wearing skates and safety gears like helmets and kneecaps.
They performed stunts like Limbo skating; chest bent forward and chin skimming along the road.
“Through this skating rally by kids we want to send a message across that water conservation is essential,” said Roop Singh, Skating Coach.
Their attempt was to make people understand importance of water conservation. They had attached placards on their T-shirts, reading slogans like ‘Save Water’ etc.
“We should save water it is important. Like in our schools, we should not keep the tap running and waste water,” said Khushi, participant in the skating rally.
Gwalior is facing acute water crisis at present. Local residents are forced to stand in to queue from midnight at the community taps to collect water for their use.
Besides soaring mercury, improper timings of water supply have made life more miserable for the residents. (ANI)
- At 90, Shimla's skating rink set for nationals - Dec 29, 2010
- Muslims in Gwalior observe 'Anti-Terrorism Week' - Aug 13, 2009
- Ice skaters warm up to Shimla chill - Dec 08, 2011
- Hariharan, Uthup pay musical tribute to Indian cinema - Jun 09, 2012
- A fun-filled Children's Day awaits Mumbai kids - Nov 13, 2010
- Get your skates on the ice in Shimla - Nov 21, 2010
- BJP retains Agra mayoral seat - Jul 07, 2012
- Motorcycle helmets could make you hard of hearing - Jul 31, 2011
- China wants citizens to value water - Mar 22, 2011
- Yesteryears' beauties roll out for water onservation (Lead) - Mar 22, 2011
- Vintage vehicles spread save water message in Delhi - Mar 22, 2011
- Shimla's skating rink closes, signalling season's end - Feb 20, 2012
- Over 100 shops gutted in Madhya Pradesh fire - Jun 05, 2010
- Bhartiya Janata Yuva Morcha activists attack Mirwaiz in New Delhi - Nov 30, 2010
- Kashmir car rally driver killed in crash, aide critical - Jul 02, 2012
Tags: age group, gears, helmets, importance of water, limbo, maharaj, mercury, participant, rally, reading slogans, roop, safety gears, skates, spectacle, stunts, waste water, water children, water conservation, water crisis, water supply