Guy Ritchie’’s RockNRolla set to bomb at US box officeAugust 14th, 2008 - 6:55 pm ICT by ANI
London, Aug 14 (ANI): Guy Ritchies new movie RockNRolla might never get a general cinema release in the U.S., because the Hollywood studio behind his film believes its going to be a dud at the box office.
RockNRolla is due to be released in the UK on September 5 and October 3 in the US.
However, reports suggest that Warner Brothers are considering dropping the movie, as theyre worried its going to bomb.
Joel Silver, the films producer, has apparently been touting the movie around other smaller distributors to see if they will buy it.
The Los Angeles Times interviewed Warner Bros chief Alan Horn who confirmed they were putting Ritchies latest movie on the backburner.
I think it’’s a well-made picture, but while it’’s funny in spots, it’’s very English. I don”t think it’’s broadly commercial. It feels like a film that deserves a spirited release, but not a wide one, the Mirror quoted him, as saying.
The filmmakers have every right to do what they think is best in support of their movies. But we have the right to do what’’s best for Warner Bros. Sometimes the pursuit of those interests results in a disagreement.
For now, we”re preparing to release the film in October, but I don”t see it starting out on 800 screens. If Joel is thinking there is someone out there willing to spend twice as much money as we”re willing to, I”m sure he will pursue that,” he added. (ANI)
- Madonna and her hubby in the mother of all movie battles! - Oct 11, 2008
- Peter Jackson in talks over third 'Hobbit' film - Jul 17, 2012
- Stephen King's 'The Stand' heads to the big screen - Feb 04, 2011
- Ben Affleck to direct 'Justice League' - Aug 09, 2012
- No 3-D format for upcoming Harry Potter film - Oct 09, 2010
- Amazon.com Launches Movie Studio - Nov 18, 2010
- Ramayana To Be Distributed By Warner Bros - Sep 15, 2010
- 'Hangover III' to be filmed in September - Mar 24, 2012
- Stephen Fry doesn't confirm that Warner Bros are behind the vanishing Harry Potter tweets - Nov 01, 2010
- Russell Brand to produce 'The President Stole...' - Nov 15, 2011
- Warner Bros. to distribute Dev Anand's film - Aug 10, 2011
- Everything changed since Bond film: Gemma Arterton (Interview) - May 02, 2010
- 'Spy Kids' - a 4D movie you can smell - Jul 01, 2011
- 'Rocky' inspires Hugh Jackman - Oct 17, 2011
- 'Harry Potter' breaks US midnight box office record - Jul 16, 2011
Tags: alan horn, backburner, box office, cinema release, disagreement, dud, filmmakers, films, general cinema, guy ritchie, hollywood, hollywood studio, joel silver, los angeles times, mirror, office london, rocknrolla, screens, warner bros, warner brothers