Gurrillas shoot dead two policemen in Kashmir (Second Lead)July 3rd, 2012 - 11:06 pm ICT by IANS
Srinagar, July 3 (IANS) Two policemen were shot dead by separatist guerrillas in Pulwama and Kulgam districts in south Kashmir Tuesday, police said.
A senior police officer told IANS that guerrillas fired from a close range at Constable Dalbir Singh in Rajpora Chowk in Rajpora town in Pulwama Tuesday afternoon, injuring him critically.
“The injured constable died while being shifted to the hospital for treatment,” the officer said.
In the other incident in Kulgam, police said that unknown militants fired at Constable Mukhtar Ahmad in Yaripora village of the.
“The injured constable was rushed to Kulgam hospital where he succumbed. The incident happened this (Tuesday) evening, when the constable was performing his duties.
“A resident of village Pathbugh Dialgam in Anantnag, Mukhtar Ahmad joined the police force in 2001. He is survived by an aged mother, his spouse and three minor kids,” a police statement said here.
Meanwhile, police have registered a case and investigations are on.
No guerrilla group has yet owned responsibility for the killings.
- Guerrillas shoot dead Kashmir policeman, injure another (Lead) - Jul 03, 2012
- Cop dies in guerrilla attack in Kashmir - Jul 03, 2012
- Village headman shot dead in Kashmir - Feb 09, 2012
- Guerrillas kill cop in Kashmir - May 17, 2011
- 8 killed in Kashmir, 6 in police firing, as Omar seeks help - Aug 03, 2010
- Guerrillas barge into house, kill one in Kashmir - Jun 15, 2011
- Guerrillas kill cop in Srinagar - Sep 28, 2011
- Separatist shutdown mars life in Kashmir - Jul 28, 2012
- Three youth killed in Anantnag firing - Jun 29, 2010
- Separatist shutdown hits life across Kashmir - Aug 03, 2011
- Terrorists kill civilian in south Kashmir village - Jan 24, 2012
- Three die in Kashmir violence, toll now 73 (Second Lead) - Sep 13, 2010
- Seven south Kashmir village heads resign - Jun 08, 2012
- Over two dozen injured in Kashmir clashes - Aug 19, 2010
- Bloody Monday leaves 16 dead across Kashmir (Fourth Lead) - Sep 13, 2010
Tags: anantnag, chowk, close range, constable, guerrilla group, investigations, kashmir, killings, militants, mukhtar ahmad, police force, police officer, police statement, policemen, separatist guerrillas, south kashmir, tuesday afternoon, tuesday evening